Trade pair Chorus for KLF-20 or 30

leerocker

Hi again,

Ever-impatient, i am already looking to replace the chorus Is I just picked up. While definately more accurate then my klf-10s, they did not pass the WAF test. Although not forced to sell, i am open to the possibility of selling or considering trades involving klf-20 or 30s. Im in the boston-area.

Also if anyone else wants to chime in about how the 20s and 30s compare to the choruses please feel free. Ive read a couple of opinions but they were from a few years back, anyone have anything new to add? Will i be disappointed after getting rid of the choruses?

Thanks so much!

PS dont tear me to pieces about the 'projector screen'. It's only temporary!!! [:)]

post-16777-1381931774648_thumb.jpg

FWIW, I don't think there's any more WAF to the klf 20 or 30's than what you have. I don't have chorus, but I do have 20's and Forte II, in different rooms. They may be different, but they're both great. My suggestion would be to pick on her inventory of stuff until she backs off yours.

thats funny-I just sold off a pair of KLF30s and a pair of Chorus speakers. The wife like the looks of the Chorus speakers better (oiled oak). The klf30s are much larger. sound wise-can't go wrong with either one. I used the KLF's manily for movies some music. the chorus speakers were music only-but they sure sound sweet.

Kman

So the 30s then are much bigger than the klf-10s? I have 10s now and the choruses are just about twice the width.

I think it might be helpful for you to go to the Klipsch speaker specification pages on here and hook up discontinued speakers and it will show you the overall dimensions and weight of every Klipsch speaker that used to be made. If a series of Klipsch speakers has a # in the model # (i.e. RF-5, RF-7, KLF-10, KLF-30) the higher the # in the model, the larger the speaker and usually the larger the drivers as well.

A KLF-30 has two 12" woofers, a HUGE midrange squawker, and a treble horn.

Thanks for all the replys. knowing now how big those klf-30s are (i thought theyd be on par with the 10s) it looks like i might get to keep the choruses after all! Still would consider a trade if anyone is interested, but for now it looks like i have overcome the WAF in this matter :)

In fact, i have even brought up my plans to get a 3rd chorus as a center, which was met with less resistance than i thought! Unfortunately now i have to find a single chorus in new england, probably not the easiest thing to do.

Oh yeah, one thing that did surprise me about the chorus is the lack of bass. Although its cleaner, meaning that i can really hear the notes and tone of the bass guitar, there is absolutely no 'thump'. Not a huge deal because I have a sub, but i was a bit surprised. Other than that, really love these speakers!

Oh yeah, one thing that did surprise me about the chorus is the lack of bass. Although its cleaner, meaning that i can really hear the notes and tone of the bass guitar, there is absolutely no 'thump'. Not a huge deal because I have a sub, but i was a bit surprised. Other than that, really love these speakers!

That really is a hard woofer to get moving. But then again tone of bass is a good thing is it not? Also from your photo it appears your speakers are very close together. Your interactions with the room will have alot to do with your perceived bass as well.

Tone is definately good - i find myself listening to bass lines now more than ever. Especially stuff that my old band had recorded in the studio when i used a nice bass. its unreal.

I had my klf-10s in the same spot though last week and they just sounded fuller. Not as detailed, but fuller. I think with my sub hooked up i will have the best of both worlds. Too bad the sub output on this receiver just crapped out on me.

I use Chorus II's for 2-channel listening, they get the edge in the midrange department over my KLF-20's.

For movies, I absolutely love my KLF20's & KLF-C7 combination. The Chorus II's serve as the rear channel speakers for the 5.1.

Both are excellent speakers and I couldn't be happier with my Klipsch speakers!