OT: Positive note: What we all have to be thankful for this year...

picky

Glenn,

Wow, she's a beauty. Congrats! Katelynn is properly among your greatest reasons to have an attitude of gratitude.

My dad was fond of saying, quoting whom I'm not sure... "If I'd known how much I would enjoy my grandchildren, I'd have had them first!"

So far, I can only imagine the grandparent experience.

I know you must enjoy immensely the blessing of her life.

Thanks for posting.

Yeah, after I posted the photo above, I too noticed the irony of our similarities: Give Katie a double chin and a pair of specs and you've almost got grandpa! Hee-Hee! Good eye, Michael!

I was sort of hoping that you folks would all use this thread to post the things that you all are thankful for this year, now that it's coming to a close. Here's a few more examples of what I am thankful for. Katie with my lovely bride, Grandma Verna and my mother Rose who the grandkids call "GG" for Great Gramma. I think Rose looks stunning at 87.

post-10177-1381931811782_thumb.jpg

Thanks! No, Katie is our second grandchild. Below is a photo of our first, Andrew who is almost 5. He's Katie's big brother and he loves holding her. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your family, too!

post-10177-1381931811871_thumb.jpg

I am thankful for my Savior, who came and died for all.

What might be more readily apparent though, is how we managed to survive this past year. Learning to live without someone you loved, coping with all the changes that took place.

I'm thankful that Josh survived his car accident this past summer, with only a scratch. For my daughter not being hurt more seriously when she fell at work a few days ago. For my youngest son's good grades at school, despite all that happened in our family.

For all the friends I have in my life, many of them here on this forum. They don't get much better. For a new love in my life, and hoping it all works out, even though some difficulties lie ahead. Just thankful for life itself.

Bruce

'What we have to be thankful for this year..."

a.) Newly found friends on this forum.

b.) Re-united with a family member who I have not seen in 15 years.

c.) Another year of productivity. I once spent 6 months bed ridden wondering if I would ever walk again.

'What we have to be thankful for this year..."

a.) Newly found friends on this forum.

b.) Re-united with a family member who I have not seen in 15 years.

c.) Another year of productivity. I once spent 6 months bed ridden wondering if I would ever walk again.

how did c happen and I am glad you can walk