conditional sale of blue berry x-treme

joessportster

my dream pre-has just showed up for sale and i would love to have it but cant afford it straight out so i would offer up my blue berry x-treme with cream option, for a killer deal, the x-treme just came back from mark for a clean bill of health and i would take 1600 cash or pay-pal but it must be paid immediately so i could buy the other one any takers????????????

im not saying the other one is better its just what ive always wanted ever since i first saw/ heard it, you can e-mail me at (joespride02@yahoo.com) (this is also my pay-pal address), or call me at 240-925-4156 for more info or questions.......

Joe

Wow Joe, first the Basis, then the VRDs now the BBX. Best of luck on the sale. I have not been around as much lately and saw your VRD thread after they were sold. I would have liked to pick those up as you are close to me.

That is a nice price on the BBX with cream, I don't think it will last long.

i have heard it at another forum members place and it sounds absolutely great, cant say any better than the bbx but i liked it, i especially liked the fact that the power supply is seperate, it is new , the seller is an authorized dealer here in the states, and offered this up at 400 off retail for a scratch it endured while comming over from australia.......... a pretty good discount for a scratch that wont show up in a pic.........at any rate i suppose the reason i wanted this so much was at the time i heard it it was absolutely silent and has a great phono section..........and it is a beautiful piece of gear................. after all asthetics do play a part with everything we buy

Joe

I have no clue how that preamp sounds but I will say it is one beautiful piece for sure and looks to be built with the utmost quality in mind. At $2500 if it sounds as good as it looks it is an absolute bargain!! In reference the BB Xtreme cost with LOMC $2300 if the sound is equal that preamp would be a super bargain from the looks and build quality stand point. Now just to qualify these statements I'm talking new to new and with many unknowns to state any of this as fact. I am judging from a picture and very little information. I myself would find it very hard to take the gamble with so many unknowns.

One thing I did notice that I would question is he listed 73db of gain in the LOMC spec if this is total gain with the line stage I believe that is on the very light side of LOMC and would limit what LOMC could be used with prefect results. If its before the line stage then it would be high I believe?

Heck we don't even know if its the preamp in question!!

Craig

Edit: The cross post with Joe's comments take the opinion to a another level since he heard it and liked it makes this a no gamble situation. I will say forfieting the gear he has at seriously discounted prices to obtain a gear for a $400 discount kind of rules the discount out as being a great advantage though. But hey its Joe's gear and Joe's money so none of us should judge.

That pre sure is pretty!

Looks like something that Wardsweb could have built. We all admire his talent. (Or, like me. are green with envy.[+o(])

Ain't that the truth!! With Luther its 50% Talent 50% patience!! I've never met a man that will put in the countless after hours in his hobbies and love every minute of it! I ask him once why he doesn't go into the audio business his reply was " Just about no one could afford to pay for the hours it takes me to complete these projects!" He is one seriously special person.

Joe I would be fascinated to know what the Chenin does for you that your BBX doesn't. I have owned a Chenin since July 05 and was initially disappointed because it sounded a little lean and thin sounding. However, since moving to Klipsch speakers it is playing to its strengths and is very quiet.

When I heard the BBX at RMAF recently I thought it sounded really good and had more punch thant the Supratek. I wished I had been aware of it earlier because it seemed to be pretty close and for the price of a good mc cartridge less!

Location of the Chenin is critical - it is very sensitive to magnetic fields and doesn't like the two chassis stacked above each other - side by side works better. I hope your dreams come true! [:)]

i will post my thoughts on the chenin but not as a comparrison to the bbx, i have heard the chenin already with a pair of weldourne drd set 45's played through a pair of modified k-horns that have oris horns instead of the top hat from klipsch, i didnt find it lacking in any way in that system, of course i will have to see how it sounds in my system now, and that could be a whole new can of worms, i was already warned about placement of the power supply not to close to the pre and not to close to the turntable, looks as though my rack will need to be re-configured but thats why i bought the seperate pieces of granite and had them drilled, very easy to re configure and at near no more in cost.......... i was happy with the performance of the bbx and in no way do i want to say anything bad about it, i simply beleive i will like the chenin better in my situation thats why i bought it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe