NFL Playoff Picks......

Bear Down, Chicago Bears.

Make every play clear the way to victory!

Put up a fight with a might so fearlessly!

We'll never forget the way you thrilled the nation,

With your T formation.

And let them know why you're wearing the crown.

You're the pride and joy,

of all Illinois.

Chicago Bears, Bear Down!

post-17373-13819321537966_thumb.jpg

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Well there was one good game, Bears / Saints was not even close. Now for the COLTS to beat Da Bears in 2 weeks.

The Saints are out, but Payton's family is from here, Paytons dad almost got killed playing for the saints, he got hit more than a crash test dummy.

Oh man Flannel, he did it all----ran, blocked, received, threw, kicked----he would have played defense if they'd let him. I loved the way he and Suhey worked together.

A true team football player, unselfish and modest he let his deeds speak for themselves and they spoke volumes.

Well I must say, the RCA Dome was one of the loudest places that I have ever been in. It had to be 120db avg while the Pats started that last drive. My son Sage (who knows more about sports than I ever will and who just turned 10 on Saturday) and I sat in the upper deck right in the center of the goal post marked COLTS. There were 5 guys (late 20s early 30s) sat next to us and cheered for the PATS. Sage sat there and trash talked all night, even when we were so far behind at the half. As with most the colts fans, I was proud of him. He talked a lot of stuff, but he also offered to share his peanuts and cotton candy. He thanked them for coming to Indy and sent them off whishing them a safe trip home.

The fans played a large part of how the game was played. You could sometimes hear Payton calling plays, and then as Brady got up to the huddle and line, you could not even hear the guy next to you yelling at you. We had to text each other at one point it was so loud we just couldnt talk. The PA system did not have a chance against the fans. Man what a night. I will post pics when I get them off my phone.

Well I must say, the RCA Dome was one of the loudest places that I have ever been in. It had to be 120db avg while the Pats started that last drive. My son Sage (who knows more about sports than I ever will and who just turned 10 on Saturday) and I sat in the upper deck right in the center of the goal post marked COLTS. There were 5 guys (late 20s early 30s) sat next to us and cheered for the PATS. Sage sat there and trash talked all night, even when we were so far behind at the half. As with most the colts fans, I was proud of him. He talked a lot of stuff, but he also offered to share his peanuts and cotton candy. He thanked them for coming to Indy and sent them off whishing them a safe trip home.

The fans played a large part of how the game was played. You could sometimes hear Payton calling plays, and then as Brady got up to the huddle and line, you could not even hear the guy next to you yelling at you. We had to text each other at one point it was so loud we just couldnt talk. The PA system did not have a chance against the fans. Man what a night. I will post pics when I get them off my phone.

I didn't know you two were going. Those are some precious memories with your son. And that is one heck of a loud room. Let's hope they didn't 'fix' the acoustics at the new place. Thanks for sharing the story of your night. I was with about 20 screaming fans at a home with no [:'(] Klipsch sound system- came to work voiceless and with ears ringing.

I'm having the Superbowl at my place- no more distorted sound systems for me.

• Moderators

Well there was one good game, Bears / Saints was not even close. Now for the COLTS to beat Da Bears in 2 weeks.

The Saints are out, but Payton's family is from here, Paytons dad almost got killed playing for the saints, he got hit more than a crash test dummy.

Since the Saints lost [:(] I will definitely be cheering for the Colts. Not only isIndy the home of Klipsch, but New Orleans' first family of football "The Mannings" deserve this moment of glory. It's been a long hard road for the Manning family as far as football and I for one am glad to see Payton going to the Superbowl. It definitely makes up for all the BS Archie put up with while quarterbacking the Saints.

I was really touched when Payton went over and hugged his dad, I could see the admiration in Archie's face.

If the Saints couldn't make it, I sure am glad Indy Colts did.

No matter what anyone might think the Saints had a great year, they were in that game untill the final 10 minutes or so, HATS OFF to the Saints and coaching staff for a great job......................many picked the Bears early in the season, didn't hear much about the Saints.............the Pats, they ran out of talent........funny part is they'll be back...........nothing lasts forever..................EH.............

That hug was priceless Christy and I hope the Colts romp the Bears not because I have anything against the Bears but I would love to see Payton get that ring that eluded Archie for so long just like I flipped when Elway got his first one[:D]

I can't tell you how depressed I was when the Pats were up 21-3 but I saw a look in Payton's eye that has not been there in the past and to clean the Pats clock with a running play was the icing on the cake for me[;)]

• Moderators

I usually could care less about spelling mistakes--I certainly make my share-- but since I've seen 5 or 6 of you make the same one, I need to step in here(especially for Trey's sake, since he's in Hoosier-land now): PEYTON

Like TBrennan said, Payton was a Bear [:)]

I usually could care less about spelling mistakes--I certainly make my share-- but since I've seen 5 or 6 of you make the same one, I need to step in here(especially for Trey's sake, since he's in Hoosier-land now): PEYTON

Like TBrennan said, Payton was a Bear [:)]

Glad you said something Amy. My spellin' is usually so bad that I didn't want to point it out.

• Moderators

No matter what anyone might think the Saints had a great year, they were in that game untill the final 10 minutes or so, HATS OFF to the Saints and coaching staff for a great job......................many picked the Bears early in the season, didn't hear much about the Saints.............the Pats, they ran out of talent........funny part is they'll be back...........nothing lasts forever..................EH.............

That's true OB even though I watched the games through the season I never expected them to get that far. After 30+ years and only making it to the playoffs once it's like being conditioned to not expect much. For many years the saying was " maby next year " but to tell you the truth it may work out next year, with a few changes and alot of luck !

But now I would like to see the Colts win for Peyton and his dad ,and the head coach, I always liked him as a head coach. And of course the rest of the team and Indy, they have worked hard to get where they are and somewhat like the Saints got little or no respect around the league. Especially by the dumba$$ sports announcers, all they ever talked about was Peyton good or bad , like he was the only person on the team. How can you talk bad about any team with that record ?

Thank you Amy " Peyton "......You could write a book on my mistakes, typing and otherwise !

colterphoto1--

"No team had ever come back from more than an 8 point deficit at the half to win a playoff game." I'm wondering where you got that information.

Here's one (probably the best) example: the January 3, 1993, AFC wild card game between the Houston Oilers and the Buffalo Bills. At halftime the score was Oilers 28, Bills 3. If my math is correct, that's a 25-point deficit, which is more than three times the Colts' deficit.

With a minute and 41 seconds gone in the second half, it was even worse: Oilers 35, Bills 3. The Bills came back to tie in regulation and win 41 to 38 in overtime. Now THAT is a comeback.

colterphoto1--

"No team had ever come back from more than an 8 point deficit at the half to win a playoff game." I'm wondering where you got that information.

Here's one (probably the best) example: the January 3, 1993, AFC wild card game between the Houston Oilers and the Buffalo Bills. At halftime the score was Oilers 28, Bills 3. If my math is correct, that's a 25-point deficit, which is more than three times the Colts' deficit.

With a minute and 41 seconds gone in the second half, it was even worse: Oilers 35, Bills 3. The Bills came back to tie in regulation and win 41 to 38 in overtime. Now THAT is a comeback.

I'm sure he meant AFC Championship game. And he is correct.