NFL Playoff Picks......

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW!!!!!

Now, that was one hell of a game! That was a friggan amazing come-back on the Colt's part! This will be the first time they will be at the Superbowl since becoming an Indianoplis team!

Colts vs 'Da Bears! I honostly don't know who to go for in this one, since I am a fan of both teams! I may go for Indy for the simple fact that like I said above - first time to the Superbowl since being an Indy team, but at the same time, it has been a while since the Bears have also been there as well!

Manning got the monkey off...good for him.

Fish, are y'all drinking?

Well....kinda....My wife's drinkin' tea and I'm drinkin' water.When I turned from the Simpsons to the game my wife seen the Colts were 18 down and said well they're gonna lose.I told her that means little in the first half so she started watchin' and became a fan after 40+ years.

Yeah, that's right! Indy Colts are going to the SUPERBOWL baby! Was
that the most exciting football game you've ever witnessed or was it
because it was my town?

I watched the playoff game at my friend Matt's house and there was so
much shouting and jumping around and hugging. But that's not where we
were at halftime... down 21-3, and seemingly doomed. No team had ever
come back from more than an 8 point deficit at the half to win a
playoff game.

Thanks to some really bad officiating, Indianapolis fans were quieted
for the first time in a long time. But Peyton kept pounding away, the
defense kept up their pursuit and in the end we not only tied the score
TWICE, but kept New England to a field goal in the 4th quarter while
Manning brought the Colts down to a final touchdown in the closing
minutes of the game. If that wasn't enough, the 4 point lead meant that
NE could not settle for a tying field goal and having only 1 timeout
left, they aired it out into the waiting arms of our defense. With
seconds to play and the ball in Indianapolis' possession- the roar of
the crowd had to be deafening.

I had some friends at the game and await their stories. All I know is
that I had a very good time last night with some very good friends.

Thanks Matt and gang. Superbowl at my place? We'll set up the projector and 100" screen (I don't have proper 'big' HT yet)

Indy- I'm thinking turn everything 90 degrees with projector facing the back wall of the hearth room. LS up front, double HIP's center, CW's rear, THX subs, more HI's on front patio (smoking lounge), and leave the 36" on so folks in the kitchen getting grub can still see.

GO COLTS! can you believe it?

Was that the most exciting football game you've ever witnessed or was it because it was my town?

Well since its the only pro team in Indiana I really dont think it has much to do about which town in the state it was at. But Indianas pro team just turned it up a notch and what a great comeback. I know pats fans will always cry about the face guarding call but hey thats football. WTG Manning!

Go Colts!

Making History

There had never been a black head coach in the previous 40
Super Bowls. This year there will be two, as the Colts' Tony
Dungy squares off against good friend Lovie Smith of the Bears.

``I feel blessed to be in this position,'' Smith said at a
televised news conference. ``(It would) feel even better to be
the first black coach to hold up the world championship
trophy.''

Smith's Bears scored 21 fourth-quarter points yesterday
against the Saints to break open an 18-14 game, while Dungy's
club took its first lead against the Patriots with one minute
remaining on a three-yard touchdown run by rookie Joseph Addai.

Manning drove Indianapolis 80 yards in 77 seconds for the
score that helped put the Colts in the Super Bowl for the first
time since the 1970 season, when the franchise was in Baltimore.

``There was no doubt in anybody's mind that we were going
to take that ball down and score,'' Dungy said at a news
conference. ``We all felt that Peyton was going to drive us.
It's great for him to get to the Super Bowl on a drive like
that.''

Interception

Marlin Jackson's interception of Tom Brady with 24 seconds
left sealed the Colts' win and capped a game that featured three
ties in the second half, two offensive linemen scoring
touchdowns on fumble recoveries, an interception return for a
score and a defensive lineman catching a touchdown pass.

Brady, a two-time Super Bowl MVP, lost for just the second
time in 14 career postseason games.

The Colts became just the 10th team in NFL history to
finish with a 10-0 record at home. Seven of the previous nine
clubs won the Super Bowl, the last being the 2003 Patriots.

• Moderators

Thanks to some really bad officiating, Indianapolis fans were quieted for the first time in a long time.

Aw, c'mon Michael, I thought the officiating was right on. Did I miss something?

Amazing game, amazing comeback. Hoosier sports is ALWAYS exciting.....people outside the area just haven't caught on yet.

That said..

GO BEARS!!! [:)]

"Indiana University basketball and Irish football has kept us jumping since then."

Indeed. But I think the Domer thing is much bigger than an Indiana thing. In the Chicago papers it seems that what Notre Dame does is bigger news than what U of I does but few in Chicago care what happens at other schools in Indiana like IU or Purdue.

This U of K basketball thing down here in Lexington is weird, you see people who can't spell university walking around in U of K jackets, sweatshirts, hats---the whole schmear. In Illinois it seemed the people who were into U of I sports were those connected to the school---students, parents, alumni----and not the people of Illinois in general, not around Chicago anyway. But then up there we had the White Sox, Bears, Cubs, Black Hawks and Bulls.

Anyway it's good to see two Midwestern teams in the game though I'm sure the chattering class tastemakers and advertisers aren't so happy about it.

And I'm glad somebody here knows Tony Zale. ;-)

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY TICKETS ?!?!?!?

Rumor has it that Klipsch (corporate citizens of Indy that they are) is getting a box[;)][;)] You suppose there might be room for me in there? Course things would really be interesting when I start rooting for the Bears.....[;)][;)][;)]

Now I know Detroit was a reeeeeeeeal good time last year, but - but - but - but - it's the BEARS[8-|]

This delusionary moment in time has been sponsored by Klipsch, official horn speaker sponsor of the NFL[:P]

• Klipsch Employees

Well I must say, the RCA Dome was one of the loudest places that I have ever been in. It had to be 120db avg while the Pats started that last drive. My son Sage (who knows more about sports than I ever will and who just turned 10 on Saturday) and I sat in the upper deck right in the center of the goal post marked COLTS. There were 5 guys (late 20s early 30s) sat next to us and cheered for the PATS. Sage sat there and trash talked all night, even when we were so far behind at the half. As with most the colts fans, I was proud of him. He talked a lot of stuff, but he also offered to share his peanuts and cotton candy. He thanked them for coming to Indy and sent them off whishing them a safe trip home.

The fans played a large part of how the game was played. You could sometimes hear Payton calling plays, and then as Brady got up to the huddle and line, you could not even hear the guy next to you yelling at you. We had to text each other at one point it was so loud we just couldnt talk. The PA system did not have a chance against the fans. Man what a night. I will post pics when I get them off my phone.