NFL Playoff Picks......

Yeah, that's what he meant. I remember the Bills/Oilers game though. My wife and I were in a hotel in Buffalo, and at halftime she predicted the comeback! It is all her fault that it happened because i know her vibes made it so. All I remember was that the winning touchdown (for the Oilers) was made by Mike Renfro ( a TCU alum from my days there) and it was denied by the refs.

The wings from the hotel bar were very good though.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

I usually could care less about spelling mistakes--I certainly make my share-- but since I've seen 5 or 6 of you make the same one, I need to step in here(especially for Trey's sake, since he's in Hoosier-land now): PEYTON

Like TBrennan said, Payton was a Bear [:)]

Amy, I thought it was spelled Peyton, but second guessed myself when everyone else spelled it Payton. Either way we all knew who we were talking about, but thanks for correcting the error. I usually don't point out grammar and spelling mistakes to anyone but dtel.[;)]

You caught us all on that one!

Either way, I am really glad the Saints made it as far as they did. It's been a remarkable season considering the cards they were dealt. They sure lifted the spirits in New Orleans and we are really proud of them. The entire team has contributed tremendously to New Orleans and the entire region in its effort to rebuild.

A huge thank you goes out to all the networks for keeping the devastation caused by Katrina in the forefront whenever the Saints' games were nationally televised.

If the Saints had not gone as far as they did season we still owe them a huge standing ovation for the contributions they made to this region.

I am really glad to see Peyton finally getting the recognition he deserves. Archie spent so much time teaching his sons and passed the love of the game on to each of them. Archie Manning has been and will continue to be an inspiration to this region.

There are quite a few players from our area on the Indy Colts team, so it's only fitting that we cheer them on.

colterphoto1--

"No team had ever come back from more than an 8 point deficit at the half to win a playoff game." I'm wondering where you got that information.

Here's one (probably the best) example: the January 3, 1993, AFC wild card game between the Houston Oilers and the Buffalo Bills. At halftime the score was Oilers 28, Bills 3. If my math is correct, that's a 25-point deficit, which is more than three times the Colts' deficit.

With a minute and 41 seconds gone in the second half, it was even worse: Oilers 35, Bills 3. The Bills came back to tie in regulation and win 41 to 38 in overtime. Now THAT is a comeback.

I'm sure he meant AFC Championship game. And he is correct.

i watched that game. that was an incredible comeback. i'm sure glad that indy won yesterday--peyton deserved it. he's a class act.

• Moderators

No matter what anyone might think the Saints had a great year, they were in that game untill the final 10 minutes or so, HATS OFF to the Saints and coaching staff for a great job......................many picked the Bears early in the season, didn't hear much about the Saints.............the Pats, they ran out of talent........funny part is they'll be back...........nothing lasts forever..................EH.............

oldbuckster,

You made my day. Not very often we hear someone from "up north" talking good about anything from the South, except the food.[:D]

For some reason, the old saying "Maybe next year" really has meaning for us die hard Saints' fans this year. If we can make a few changes in our secondary we should really see a difference.

The Saints' return to New Orleans was delayed Sunday night till somewhere around midnight or later due to icing on the plane in Chicago. A couple of the Saints' players were astonished to see over 2,000 fans at the airport to greet them. Those fans rode the wait out in cold rainy weather to thank the players for everything they accomplished this season.

Go Colts, in this case the revenge will be sweet.[;)]