NFL Playoff Picks......

The "second season" begins today[:D] Time for your playoff and Super Bowl selections!

This weekend's action:

KC at Indy: Larry Johnson might rush for 300 yards and Manning might throw 5 TDs. Indy in a high scoring game....

Dallas at Seattle: Seattle in a low confidence pick...

Jets at NE: Pats

Giants at Philadelphia: Philly. Tom Coughlin loses his job, probably before the stadium is even empty.

Super Bowl:

NFC: Put all six teams in a hat and pick one with eyes closed. That's as good as any scientific method I can think of (even the Hank Stram formula goes muddy here), so I'll pick the Bears. Home field advantage has got to count for something - and the Bears are due to cash in on that home cooking sooner or later. Ignore the Packer game last weekend......that's a "Jedi mind trick".

AFC: the real power in this league. I'll go so far as to say that whoever wins the AFC will win the Super Bowl - and this year I'm picking the Ravens. Excellent rush and rush defense, and NO Marty Schottenheimer to go into a coaching shell come playoff time (what will do in the Bolts). I also like Steve McNair - even at his advanced age his experience shows, and has been the difference maker on this club this season.

Your thoughts?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This week-end : COLTS over K.C. ; COWBOYS over SeaHawks ; PATS over Jets ; Boy, this is really a hard pick, Understand this, I am a Cowboy Fan, So either Eagles or Giants are rivals..........................GIANTS over Eagles in a close one, I like the EAGLES, but I have a bad feeling about the Giants....................One Weekend at a time, but I would not be upset if the Colts won a Super Bowl........................

Chiefs over Colts

Your dreaming or just living in fantasy land[;)]

That is what my GF says, as she is originally from Indy, and I am from KC. It is going to be a fun afternoon around here today.[:o]

Might lead to a fun night of make-up too.

superbowl will be philly/baltimore, with baltimore winning.

the bears are the recipients of the easiest schedule in the nfl. at best, they're one and done.

my heart will be rooting for the colts.

despite san diego's talent, marty's legacy is losing in the post season and with the owner's statement this past week of evaluating the coaching staff after the post season hints that a 14-2 regular season record isn't good enough to soothe the bad feelings that marty and the owners have. he needs the superbowl to save his job--that pressure will cause him to play conservative---exactly the style that has hurt him in the past.

Got Colts and Pats......................missed Cowboys (damn it) and Giants, but they were close games...............Pats slapped the Jets, the Colts won, but that game was closer than the score showed, Payton didn't play that well, but the Colt's defense looked good...................

YOU KNOW, YOU'RE PROBABLY RIGHT. I SAID EARLIER THAT I PREDICTED BALTIMORE TO WIN THE SUPERBOWL, ALTHOUGH MY HEART WAS PULLING FOR INDY (FOR PEYTON MANNING.....AND KLIPSCH). TONY DUNGY IS A DEFENSIVE-MINDED COACH WHICH SURPRISES ME THAT PEOPLE ARE RUNNING ON THE COLTS AT WILL. WAS THE KC GAME A FLUKE--NOT FOR THE COACH (GREAT CAREER WITH TAMPA BAY). THIS SHOULD BE A REAL GOOD GAME, UNFORTUNATELY BALTIMORE'S OFFENSIVE ISN'T REAL POWERFUL, SO IF THE INDY DEFENSIVE PLAYS LIKE THEY DID AGAINST KC....WHO KNOWS.

I REMAIN ON RECORD PREDICTING THE RAVENS BEATING THE EAGLES IN THE SUPERBOWL.

Oops! Baltimore has exited the tournament. If you had told me that Indy was only going to score 15 points before the game I would have told you they were gonna lose. But the Indy defense DID show up, and Indy advances.

Was glad to see Philly get bounced. New Orleans did a superb job against a team with more veteran and playoff experienced players. I kept looking for the Saints to fold - didn't happen. Big props to them on an excellent game and thier first franchise playoff win.

Today's action:

I'll take the Bears vs the SeaRats. I think the last few weeks of relative inaction and meaningless games has the nation ready for a sucker punch. The Chicago press has been relentless in reminding the Bears that they may not be as good as thier record, and EVERYONE in the Chicago area remembers last year's Carolina playoff loss like it was yesterday. Outside Halas Hall this week, someone installed a sign that says "PLAY ANGRY". I think that's good advice.

I like the Pats to beat the Bolts. I'll take Belichick over Schottenheimer any day of the week - especially so if it's the playoffs. Wouldn't that just be peachy, setting up an Colts/Pats AFC title game........which could be a classic.

The Playoffs: The only valid excuse for sitting home on Sunday and not listening to the tubes.....[:D]