Chicago_Pete

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

*That's more than can be said for CERTAIN SPEAKERS *

Perhaps, but..would you rather be the pretty boy that gets sand kicked in his face, or a bit more gnarley looking, do the sand kicking AND being able to 'back it up'?

[;)]

As a second benefit, SET amps would mate a lot better with 109 db/watt than 103 db/watt? (isn't that what a Khorn is?)

[A]

Back to your regularly schedueled show (thread) now.

[:D]

TWO THINGS................A big block Chevy in a Goat.................that baby should run; I have considered doing a GTO myself, and to tell you the truth, I would also go to a Chevy engine, I really like small blocks for handling purposes, a 350 stroked to 383 would be my first choice..................What beautiful Khorns those are................NEW or Pre-Owned....................Fine looking speakers..........lucky bass turd..................EH !!!!!!!!!!!!

OB, I had a 383 stroker in a 66 Nova that I sold at the beginning of last summer. Peppy little engine but no substitute for cubic inches. Weight and handling is never a factor for me because quite frankly all these 40 year old cars handle like crap anyway:)

You're right about that. I recall an episode of CHiPS where Ponch had a face-off with a hill racer in a Camaro. Ponch brought out his '55 Chevy from his bad-boy days and it was scary to watch that '55 skidding around the California canyon road. Handling has come a long way since then!

Heck with the speakers I want that car................ Need any tube gear? How about a pair of VRD's and lifetime free service on all your tube gear[;)]

Craig, You dont want that car.

500HP on the motor, 472CI Big Block Chevy plus two stages of 150HP nitrous oxide shots. Think of how many disappointed customers you would have if you piled it up and got hurt:)

Hmmmmm you may not know me as well as you think. Here is my old street racer that clocked the 1/4 mile in 9:18 at 155 MPH on 10" W series MT Slicks and stock GM leaf spring suspension! This with 1 stage of Nitrous the suspension never could hold the second shot except in 3rd gear. The car would leave the line doing 4' wheel stands and click the 60 foot lights on the rear tires (1.36sec) with a brand new pair of slicks and a well prepped track! After the 5th pass on a new set of slicks the time would drop off from melt down of the tires. My hobby was street racing for 15 years previous to a neck injury at work that ended all that fun.

post-7461-13819321150896_thumb.jpg

Those are some PRETTY speakers!!

[:P]

That's more than can be said for CERTAIN SPEAKERS [:D]

That was very reasonable for packing and shipping, Pete. I still vote for keeping your 64s and dumping the newer ones.

Dumping is such a harsh word:) I really like the color of Joe's. Got them moved downstairs and will put them into place tonight. If I keep the 64's I would want to have them refinished. Then I would want to replace the cane. Better leave them stock since they are one owners previous to me and they came with a stack of original paperwork.

post-14158-13819321152076_thumb.jpg

Gentlemen, have you never heard of PRO-TOURING cars? With the suspensions you can buy today, you can build a car that will handle, and a small block is the only way to go. Actually fuel injected or supercharged is where it's at. Don't really care for nitrous oxide, and carbs are a pain, it's a whole new world out there, you can build a 69 Camaro from a catalogue, it's cheaper to buy an engine than to build one, tires and wheels are the best they've ever been......................Yes you can build a 40 year old car that handles, gets good gas mileage, and is dependable, and is fast, and oh yeah, SAFE.Keep in mind car guys, certain politicans want cars 25 years or older off the roads, we can't let that happen. All old cars aren't junk, stay aware of what's going on...............SEMA is big on passing that information....................Are those Khorns nice or what ???????????

Dumping is such a harsh word:) I really like the color of Joe's. Got them moved downstairs and will put them into place tonight. If I keep the 64's I would want to have them refinished. Then I would want to replace the cane. Better leave them stock since they are one owners previous to me and they came with a stack of original paperwork.

Yeah, if ruining the historical nature of the 64 models is your intention, that changes everything. In that case, it'd be better for speakerworld if you found a buyer that wanted to keep them original.

Gentlemen, have you never heard of PRO-TOURING cars? With the suspensions you can buy today, you can build a car that will handle, and a small block is the only way to go. Actually fuel injected or supercharged is where it's at. Don't really care for nitrous oxide, and carbs are a pain, it's a whole new world out there, you can build a 69 Camaro from a catalogue, it's cheaper to buy an engine than to build one, tires and wheels are the best they've ever been......................Yes you can build a 40 year old car that handles, gets good gas mileage, and is dependable, and is fast, and oh yeah, SAFE.Keep in mind car guys, certain politicans want cars 25 years or older off the roads, we can't let that happen. All old cars aren't junk, stay aware of what's going on...............SEMA is big on passing that information....................Are those Khorns nice or what ???????????

OB, I have seen all the shows and articles on the Pro-Touring cars. Nice concept but kind of takes the narleyness (is that a word?) out of these old beasts. I am old enough to remember them for what they were. If I wanted something that handled like a new Vette, well, I would buy a new Vette. Actually someone would have to buy it for me. I spend all of my money on stereo gear:) Seems not right to me to put an LS6 in an old Camaro. I dont have the test equipment or the smarts to work on the new stuff.

OB, I have seen all the shows and articles on the Pro-Touring cars. Nice concept but kind of takes the narleyness (is that a word?) out of these old beasts. I am old enough to remember them for what they were. If I wanted something that handled like a new Vette, well, I would buy a new Vette. Actually someone would have to buy it for me. I spend all of my money on stereo gear:) Seems not right to me to put an LS6 in an old Camaro. I dont have the test equipment or the smarts to work on the new stuff.

But, that is the fun of the hobby, taking a 63-67 Corvette, putting c-4 or c-5 suspension under it......................Oh forget it, old cars are nice to talk about, brag about, but they cannot keep up with today's cars, the C-6 Vette, the Rousch Mustangs, it's a different world out there...............today kids with tuner cars make old muscle cars look foolish....................I will stop posting on this thread now, because this subject can go on forever, and really it was about those beautiful Khorns, not a car discussion.......................EH !!!!! you are a lucky man to have such fine speakers, maybe when I sell my Porsche I can have a pair of speakers like that.............it will be awhile though..................

Old Buck,

You would enjoy driving more if you had a 2 or 3 horsepower car. A 1.5 HP engine would be better yet, and give you more of a magical connection with the road. By my calculations your car would attain speeds of 104 mph (granted, this is going down a very steep hill).

SETily yours,

The Parrot