OT: I'm going on a beer only diet.

sputnik

That is one fun looking room! It's a great idea to have a shop vac on hand for any incidental spills or mishaps too. Yeah, I like that Corona light (I picked Corona for breakfast because it seemed like the right beer to greet the sunrise.)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I especially like you Senor' Frog's power shooter chair on the left of that pic Rich[;)] Lay back, tilt head back and pour until the recipient is choking[:o]

My father in law was a barber for 52 years. 52 years!!?? How crazy is that? When he retired we got his chair.

Now let's get back on topic. How much weight has Sputnik lost and how many brain cells have been strategically removed in the process. Finally are the puzzles being solved quicker?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thanks for the support. I'll have to see this through now. I just had a Coors and it didn't hit me as hard as the Corona did this morning. I'll knock back the second one in a little while. I'm thinking of picking a malt liquor for desert tonight. Pauln's brain cell survival theory makes a lot of sense, maybe this diet will improve my sudoku puzzle solution time.

sput my man, you are a nut, continue on.

Good on you Sputnik, stick with it. You know there's lots of benefits to a beer only diet, i mean think of all those waterborne diseases that you wont be afflicted with. And any of you members who's wife is expecting a baby, Guinness is a perfectly good substitute for those big old iron pills. Truly, way back when my first daughter was born (1971) my wife was iron deficient, so the Doc prescribed these humongous horse pills for her, no way could she swallow them so he offered her a substitute......drink a few bottles of Guinness every week..i tell you those family Doctors back in England new a thing or two. Of course nowadays thats akin to telling a kid to suck on a lead pipe instead of a teething ring.

• Moderators

Rich, you're my hero man. Looks like the dog's had a few.

Thanks man! I appreciate it. Now about those LSIs.....

I know you are not asking Colter to part with a single pair of his beloved Klipsch collection? He was actually buying speakers when he was down here for a week in December!!!!

Hey, Dr. Who, maybe we need to rent a moving truck when we visit Colter...when he leaves for work...we can load up....[;)] Just kidding Michael.[:D]

Christy, your approaching this all wrong with the Klipsch God, if you were bartering some really nice southern philly you might get a couple pair out of him[;)]

You hearing me on this one Rich, I'm sure for LSI's she better be the cat's PJz[:D]

Knowing how much he likes a well TOPPED pizza I was going to try and set him up with Jessica "The Pizza Waitress" Simpson[:P]

Day 2: Breakfast and sudoku went ok this morning. Still feeling norbal.

Ten minutes fifteen seconds for a Montana boy to finish a Corona? I do NOT think that is norbal.

As to the "diet", have you calculated how many calories you will spend warming the beer from 38 to 98.6? Den

Nooooo. It took ten minutes to work the puzzle after drinking the breakfast beer. I'm still hanging in there with one day to go. One of our clients bought me lunch yesterday so I had to cheat on the diet and eat a salad instead of drinking two beers for lunch. I hope that damn salad didn't wreck the diet. I read somewhere that it takes about ten kilocalories (10 food calories) to raise the temp of a beer to body temp.

Also, I've been keeping the holiday beer on the deck and forgot to bring in when it got really cold and I lost quite a few soldiers - beer slushies. The house thermometer said it got down to -30 last night. When I worked in the arctic, we had to take in anywhere from 4,000 to 5,000 calories per day and I still lost weight. As cold as it is here now, I could probably lose a few more pounds just by drinking my meals out on the back deck.

Weather conditions this morning.

post-17394-13819321228406_thumb.jpg

Many diets have what is called a "free day". Perhaps we can consider your business lunch that!

I like you stick-toit-ability. Not to worry Sputnick. I'm going to dinner shortly. I'll have Tuna for an appitizer and perhaps the lamb for dinner. I'll wash it down with a few 12 year McCallan scotch's.....but all along, I'll be thinking about you!!!!