Looking for an Academy

mikewilli

Sorry to change your point, but if you have room go with another Forte II. I bought another pair for a little over the price of an academy. A third forte II for center is much better than an academy. I still have my academy but I'm saving it for my family room set up. If you don't have room the academy does match up well and is a great speaker.

ps welcome to the forum

Unfortunately, a rare speaker, only made between '92-'94. One comes up on Ebay about once every two months. Like they said above, another Forte if you have room and a way to support it. Along the same lines, a Quartet will also match Fortes and save a little size and weight (but will still weigh about 50 lbs). A pair can be had for the same $ as one Academy. If none of those options work, several here have used a KG 2.2v or a KLF-C7 as a reasonable sounding (but not quite matching) center.

If at all possible, go with Merkin's suggestion, and get another Forte II as a center. I have Forte I's and had an Academy between them for about a year. While excellent, once I went to another full size Forte as a center, there was NO looking back. Try hooking up with ROC RINALDI here on the group - he is going through the same issue as you, needing an Academy but realizing that another Forte II is probably his best option. You may be able to split a pair with him!

Chris

I have a Academy In black I will sell. I didn't use it hardly listened to channel mostly. I haven't used it in probably 5 To 6 years.I Will have to unpack it and check it out if your interested and tell you condition. I don.t know what a fair price is what are you looking to pay or if anybody can tell me the going rate?

Go for it, if condition acceptible. Another Forte II or Quartet would be great if you had room, and could video shield if necessary, but you don't have the space. The Academy is the right one to have, i tried different choices before i bought one, there is no better choice.

Presently using Forte II's for the mains. Looking for an Academy center. Any sellers?

I have an Oak academy for sale. It is in mint shape. I am about to apply a new coat of urethane and it will lookliek the day it was made. Let me know if you are interested. You can send me an email through thr forum but please give me an email address for me to reply to.

Chris

Presently using Forte II's for the mains. Looking for an Academy center. Any sellers?

Worked out a good deal with Hemihorn. We met in Ridgefield, NJ yesterday (Sunday) morning for the transaction. The speaker condition was exactly as described. The Academy was quickly installed and sounds great with my Forte II's. Thanks.

Worked out a good deal with Hemihorn. We met in Ridgefield, NJ yesterday (Sunday) morning for the transaction. The speaker condition was exactly as described. The Academy was quickly installed and sounds great with my Forte II's. Thanks.