FS ; LaScala's.Upstate New York

oldbuckster

Late 70's La scalas,Veneered, BEC Crossovers, Real Nice..........will not ship....asking $1200.....Must See and Hear...they are not mine, but I will put you in contact with owner................These Babbies ROCK...........Not Mine, just over Vermont Border in New York.....You will be hard pressed to find a better pair in this area.......................

There is a picture on page 2, it's VINDEVILLE's Avatar..............veneered La Scala's..............take a look.............

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was the veener done by a professional ? light veener or dark ? nice professional job? I was hoping for unfinished raw birch but these sound like they might work for me. Once I have sold all my non essential gear I will run 4 pairs of la scalas on my main marantz 4400. Might get a chance to have coffee with the old buckster yet.

Was the veener done by a professional ? light veener or dark ? nice professional job? I was hoping for unfinished raw birch but these sound like they might work for me. Once I have sold all my non essential gear I will run 4 pairs of la scalas on my main marantz 4400. Might get a chance to have coffee with the old buckster yet.

I don't know for sure who did the Veneer job, but it is Light veneer, a very nice job, looks good, they are a real nice pair of speakers. Trust me Doug, if I had the cash, they wouldn't be listed, I'D OWN THEM, but as chance would have it, wrong time to become available. There is no question about the sonic quality of these speakers, the Crites crossovers are awesome, Hook 'em up and play 'em. If your interested, E-mail me, I'll give you the phone number or E-mail address, give the guy a listen....................I had them here for a couple of weeks, hated to give them back, but they're not mine, just helping him out..........................

Come on OB, pack em up in your porche and bring em on down south and stay a few days[:D]

Yeah, I could meet up with you, and we could then head down to COYTEE's place, would love to meet you rascals.......EH ! I would have to bring my own music with me, because Coytee has nice speakers, and a lousy ear for music, been trying to set him straight, but I think I'm not getting through, young whippersnappers................

Come on OB, pack em up in your porche and bring em on down south and stay a few days[:D]

Yeah, I could meet up with you, and we could then head down to COYTEE's place, would love to meet you rascals.......EH ! I would have to bring my own music with me, because Coytee has nice speakers, and a lousy ear for music, been trying to set him straight, but I think I'm not getting through, young whippersnappers................

Pffffffffffft... You're going to risk scratching those fine speakers in that funky Porsche? Oh, the indignity...maybe if you get down here we can show you some REAL transportation...

[:P]

Pffffffffffft... You're going to risk scratching those fine speakers in that funky Porsche? Oh, the indignity...maybe if you get down here we can show you some REAL transportation...

[:P]

Boy, you had me worried for a minute, thought you were going to show me some real SPEAKERS, instead of real transportation.........Pfffft......yourself, I wouldn't lower the value of my Porsche by haulin' La Scala's.......................EH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do know about real transportation, I've been driving new Subaru's for almost 20 years.....................young whippersnappers anyway, you pups can't run with old Big Dawgs anyway............

The crossovers in these are the switchable from "A" to "AA" , they also have the parts hooked up to them that allow you to bring in the tweeter earlier if you buy the BEC tweeter and install them. How do I know this?? I used to own them before I bought the K-Horns.

Oldbuckster,

You just like the Subies 'cuz they have boxer engines like your 911...and they're well built...and they're all wheel drive...and they can go anywhere...and they can be priced nicely...andf they run forever...and...[;)]

Bill

Bill, back then I wanted to try 4-wd, but didn't want a sport ute, and already owned a 4wd pick-up, the American dealers had nothing to offer me, So, Subaru did, and now that's all I own, except my classic car...........nicely equipped for the money, dependable, mid to high 20's mpg, and you know, you go to a Subaru dealer, and you feel like what you need is important, not the usual American car dealer, here it is, take it or leave it..........bottom line, they suit my purpose well.......................

Markgod is right, those speakers belonged to him, and were bought from him.................they are a fine example of La Scala's.....typical poor timing or they would be back in my basement room.........you can count on that................Come on Northeast Guys, here's your chance, BEC crossovers already done........would be hard listening to stock after hearing these............Owner willing to deliver with-in reason...............

Come On Mass.,Vermont, New Hampshire, Conn. New York guys, here's your chance to own some fine La Scala's..........close to you, not half way across the country..................not your common Black Beauties......veneered............

I was going to email you, but you obviously have something against Rhode Island, so I won't be emailing you after all...

for what its worth i am responsible for the veneer work on these speakers, i was the owner prior to Mark. i used very nice quality oak veneer on the top and both sides with tung oil finish, replaced the woofer hatch with a oak veneer plywood, rope caulked the mid horns, they had stock modified x-overs when i sold them though. I would say they were the best loudspeaker i have ever owned. whoever buys them should be very happy. they are pictured in my avitar.