Brizilian Rosewood Klipschorns

DrFish96

What do you guys think of these? Sorry dont have time how to figure out how to post the link.

Its Ebay # 170070880831

I really like them but they do have alot of nicks and chips in them. I am not sure how good I can really make them look with this kind of finish.

Thanks

Drfish

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They look to be on custom made dollies- look how they fit the bases exactly- did this guy use them in his workshop or pull them out on the porch? Thats some pretty abused finish there. Lots of chips and nicks. Funny looking 'rosewood' but that's what the label indicates. Proof once again that I dislike the lacquer finish- most of them seem to have yellowed with age.

They are Klipschorns- they deserve to be sold and lovingly rebuilt.

omigawd- those are Gary's!?!?! (in the link)- those are gorgeous. I wonder what the cost is to have that done and how much it adds to the 'value' of the speakers?

Of course many of us aren't so interested in the investment aspect of collecting, rather we just enjoy having the mighty speakers and like to have beautiful furniture in the house. That's gotta help in the waf, if you have that to worry with.

oldtimer,

You're absolutely right. I've made the correction.

No doubt on my part....................fini ain't mini................

It just occurred to me, along with the other (many) screw-ball OT things we do here, (dogs, cars, pretty girls, etc.) why not have a Biggest /Smallest member pole. Some parameters would be required.