Who has Klipsch in the kitchen?

flannj

I do.

Just before Christmas I bought a new pair of Heresy III to replace the KG 2.5s I used to have in the kitchen. The kitchen and eating area add up to 16 x 30 with a raised 2 story ceiling. There are soffits that run around the perimeter of much of the room. The speakers sit on top of one of those soffits at one of the 16' ends of the room. I removed the risers, flipped them around, and re-attached them. The screw holes line up exactly the same way no matter which way the riser is oriented. So now the speakers angle down into the room. You don't get to see the arched cutout in the riser since that is now facing the back. At first I was worried that the speakers would be too tippy leaning forward like this (I don't even want to think about what would happen if they fell forward off of the soffitt) but they are very stable. Given that this is the most used room in the house this system gets used almost daily. The difference between the Heresy and the KG is substantial, just so much more sound with beautiful clarity. Never sounding strained, they fill the room. Since it is a kitchen it is a fairly bright sounding room but there is a double sliding door at one end with some heavy full length curtains and that helps. These are my second pair of Heresy IIIs (my first pair are the rears of my basement HT). I know not everyone here likes the black finish but I think they have a nice clean look. I would reccomend Heresy IIIs to anyone that is even slightly considering them.

This room adjoins my family room through a double width open doorway. My Klipschorns are in the family room and both systems run off of the same pre-amp and CD player. Each system is powered by its own Carver M1.0t amp. So with both systems going the first floor of my house is filled with big Klipsch Heritage sound.

Santa gave the KGs to my 15 year old son for his first real stereo system in his bedroom. Gotta start 'em out young.

- Jim

post-17373-1381932163943_thumb.jpg

I have KSB-1s on top of my kitchen cabinets as remote speakers from the

main HT in the living room. I first bought a pair of KG .5s, which

were, incredibly, 1/16" too big. I couldn't raise the ceiling, nor

lower the cabinets, so I had to go with whatever Klipsch made that was

smaller, hence the KSBs. For remotes, they work great.

Very nice. It looks like you have some room left for a Velodyne signature series sub (18 and 12 inch in one cabinet). Crank up the Virgil Fox and shake the rafters down! Just kidding (not really, do it when the wife is out of the house, she'll never see the new sub).

Thanx, Russ

Very nice. It looks like you have some room left for a Velodyne signature series sub (18 and 12 inch in one cabinet). Crank up the Virgil Fox and shake the rafters down! Just kidding (not really, do it when the wife is out of the house, she'll never see the new sub).

Thanx, Russ

I have a Velo DD-18 in the basement HT. Put one of those in the kitchen and there would be some broken dishes. From the sub and the wife (I'd have to duck).

You HAVE to keep the spouse happy. I always use the 15 hundred dollar rule. Any new gear that comes into the house costs $1500. I haven't bought anything that only costs $1500 unless it was for the garage but like I said, you HAVE to keep the spouse happy.

Thanx, Russ

• Moderators

I like it , bet it sounds great, I love the sound of Heresy lll's. Turning the riser around was a nice idea to tilt them down.

That would be a tough wall to paint being that tall, really nice looking kitchen.

I have a pair of KG1.5s in the corners above the kitchen cabinets. I had the hook-ups wired when we built and theyre controlled by the living room system along with the living room, dining room and outside porch speakers. Surprisingly the kitchen speakers sound quite good. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I have a pair of KG1.5s in the corners above the kitchen cabinets. I had the hook-ups wired when we built and theyre controlled by the living room system along with the living room, dining room and outside porch speakers. Surprisingly the kitchen speakers sound quite good. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I was hoping Boomac would jump in here. His speaker placement next to indirect lighting look really nice to me, and it sounds great, too!

lc

post-12148-13819321692414_thumb.jpg

You HAVE to keep the spouse happy. I always use the 15 hundred dollar rule. Any new gear that comes into the house costs $1500. I haven't bought anything that only costs $1500 unless it was for the garage but like I said, you HAVE to keep the spouse happy.

Thanx, Russ

Just one problem...My wife handles the finances. And, embezzlement may sound like an option.....but she believes in the death penalty for such crimes!!!!

Because I wasn't smart enough to pre-wire my house, are there any other ways? I'm wondering if there is a way to convert the signal to FM and re-capture it back on the kitchen receiver. I know there are ipod FM modulators, but they aren't strong enough to go room to room.

I'm interested in what you did to run both systems off your same pre-amp from different rooms. I'd love to do that, but I can't figure out how, without long wires strung along the floor...not acceptable to wife.

I used Y splitters before the pre-in connections on the preamp. Left channel output on each amp into a Y splitter and then that splitter into left pre-in. Right channel ouput on each amp into a Y splitter and then that splitter into right pre-in.

This way both amps are next to the preamp. It doesn't give you any flexability as far as setting different levels for each set of speakers though , they run same volume etc. There are other ways to do this though that would allow you to run each set of speakers with independent settings for each.

- Jim

EDIT: I just realized your concern was regarding running any kind of wires. Personally I have never found a wireless system that is satisfactory.

Time to get out the electricians fish tape, stud finders, and doorbell installers drill bits.