3 - Klipschons in Birdseys maple and 2 heresys

ataim

I no longer have room for my Klipsch Heritage 7.1 system. I have owned all of the speakers for the past 4-5 years and regret having to sell them. If you know about the Heritage Series then you know how sweet and clean they are.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

The front left and right speakers are serial numbers 20Y165 and 166. I got out my decoder ring and they equates to the 20th week of 1984, which I under stand was a very good year. They have the Type AK crossover network, the K55V driver on the K400 horn and the square K77M for the tweeter.

The center has a serial number 2G986 which is 2nd week of 1968. It has the Type A crossover network and the same mid driver of K55V on the K400 horn and a round K77 tweeter.

All of the K horns have recently bee re-veneered with birdseye maple. The finish is 100% perfect. The left and right speakers are book matched. I cannot describe the look of this set of Khorns, all three have a tremoundus amount of shimmer, depth and color.

Please visit www.klipsch.com for all of the buzz about the Klipschorn.

Reviews: http://www.audioreview.com/cat/speakers/floorstanding-speakers/klipsch/PRD_119958_1594crx.aspx 4.64 from 103 reviews!!!

http://www.stereotimes.com/speak080301.shtml

The heresys are serial numbers 10G630 and 631. I have not open them up to see what drivers are in there but I will before the end of the day and insert the information. They are oiled walnut. The finish on them is not great but is acceptable for the age of the speakers. Stands included!!! I have enough birdseye maple veneer to also redo the Heresy that Ill throw in for free!!! If you want them redone I can give you the number of the PROFFESIONAL that refinished the Khorns.

Reviews of the Heresy:

http://www.audioreview.com/cat/speakers/floorstanding-speakers/klipsch/PRD_119926_1594crx.aspx

I can email you LOTS of pictures.

Asking $5,500 or best offer.

You can contact me at k-horns at hotmail.com

PICKUP ONLY, I will help load and or hold open the door. They speakers are located in Fort Worth (<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Lake Worth), TX.

post-25556-1381932167417_thumb.jpg

I did not ask what kind of glue that he use to apply the veneer. They veneer type is birdeye maple, with no paper backing. I can give you the number of the fellow that did the work though.

I had two Lascalas that I've already sold that made up the other "two" speakers in the 7.1 system. Having 3 khorns, 2 lascalas and 2 heresy in the same room was just short of breath taking.

I do have two "bastard child" heresys that I'll throw in for nothing or almost nothing. One is an industrial and the other I bought the drivers off of ebay and built a mdf cabinet for it. They are UGLY!!!! but could be used to finish out the 7.1. (thats what I did before the lasalas came along). I was going to keep them for a garage system :)

The finish is FANTASTIC

I've had several offers to sell the front two only. If all 5 do not sell here, craigslist.com or audiogon.com I'm going to list all (5) on ebay in about two weeks, then just the khorns and if they don't sell as a set I'll seperate them at that time.

• 2 weeks later...