Russian Tunnel Of Death

Gilbert

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yEkvgrUHtNI

and I thought the worst drivers on the planet were right here in Broken Arrow, OK.

I'm guessing you have not been to Charleston , SC .

That bus ride looked like fun though !

Actually, yes. Been there several times. Had projects going up just 5 min. from the airport. The theater and the Wal-Mart. Spent a few nights there too. I remember the old downtown area with all it's shops being fixed up very nice. And taking a small tour of it's civil war history. Beautiful area of the country, it's got a soul all it's own. Bought my wife a southern cooking cookbook that she dearly loves from there.

As for bad driving, well, I've driven in and through Mexico City on more than one occassion. That is an experience. Took me about 20min. to warm up, but I could dice it out with even the ronchiest of mexican taxi cab drivers. Mano-a-mano. [:D] Even accidently crossed the line into Guatemala once, while looking for some newly discovered Mayan ruins in the Yucatan. We did managed to make it back without incident... but that was something, pheeew!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yEkvgrUHtNI

and I thought the worst drivers on the planet were right here in Broken Arrow, OK.

I'm guessing you have not been to Charleston , SC .

That bus ride looked like fun though !

Actually, yes. Been there several times. Had projects going up just 5 min. from the airport. The theater and the Wal-Mart. Spent a few nights there too. I remember the old downtown area with all it's shops being fixed up very nice. And taking a small tour of it's civil war history. Beautiful area of the country, it's got a soul all it's own. Bought my wife a southern cooking cookbook that she dearly loves from there.

As for bad driving, well, I've driven in and through Mexico City on more than one occassion. That is an experience. Took me about 20min. to warm up, but I could dice it out with even the ronchiest of mexican taxi cab drivers. Mano-a-mano. [:D] Even accidently crossed the line into Guatemala once, while looking for some newly discovered Mayan ruins in the Yucatan. We did managed to make it back without incident... but that was something, pheeew!

The scariest driving for me was in Paris. The rules of engagement date back to Napoleon and just don't compute fast enough for a newbie. The most frustrating was in Hamburg, where it is impossible to read a map on the fly because by the time you finish reading the street name it has changed twice and you still don't know where you are. The roads are arranged in circles and there is only one way to get from one large circle area to the next.

The scariest driving for me was in Paris. The rules of engagement date back to Napoleon and just don't compute fast enough for a newbie. The most frustrating was in Hamburg, where it is impossible to read a map on the fly because by the time you finish reading the street name it has changed twice and you still don't know where you are. The roads are arranged in circles and there is only one way to get from one large circle area to the next.

I have been to Europe over 20 times as an adult and have never driven a car. I have only been a passenger in one, a handful of times. I love public transportation across the pond. That being said, the scariest scenario I have been in is something that is evidently common place to the Czech folks. I was amazed at how fast the trams went in Prague. My wife and I rode on several and were nervous, but it wasn't until we were walking back to the flat that we were renting and saw an empty tram whiz by with no one on it and it was rocking all over the place. [:o] Definitely not for the weak of heart.

Having been to Russia several times, I can agree that the drivers there are terrible!

I never drove, but we had a hired driver each time. I was told during the trip that it was very insulting to the "MANHOOD' of the driver if his passengers wore seatbelts. Well, I guess I was insulting, because I kept mine on.

Started looking around on the streets, and almost no one wears the seatbelts.

Paul