This is how you get things done people !

sunburnwilly

Global warming (or cooling) would really suck. Beazer, Brentwood, Ryland, Centex, DR Horton, KB and Lennar will make me re-run all their loads. Do you have any idea how many different floorplans they have? What a P I T A THAT will be. I mean, it's 92-75 and 29-70 for Charleston right now. It will be interesting to see what the "new" design conditions will be.

It will take 125,000 years. As the warming of the earth is a cycle, which occurs every 125,000 years. Evidence of this lies in both the north and south poles in the layers extracted from ice core samples.

There are various websites sponsored by the scientific community in the form of contributed facts.

Unfortuately, the general public is totally confused and has begun a general sense of acceptance that the current warming trend is strictly man made, and caused solely by the use of fossil fuels.

Opportiunist, and folks who benifet by continuing to feed this mis-belief would rather play it in their favor, rather than unbark on a simple public awareness camipaign.

There are a lot of folks who stand to make a lot of money if non-fossil fules and products become attractive under the pressure of an impending doom.

There are no heros here, just folks looking to make a buck.

well we can't let a bunch of facts get in the way of a good untruth!

have a blessed day,

roy "is it hot in here?" delgado

I would rather have Globle warming that Globle cooling.....The Scientist calculate the population would suffer & half the people would parish. A ice age would cut into food growth faster. Another scientist calculated we need to reduce world population by 90 percent....Who wants to go first?

did i miss it? back in the 70's, the great untruth back then was the next ice age was coming because of mean old us!

have a blessed day,

roy "is it cold in here?" delgado

It's a wonder that with all of the learned people on this forum that nobody got it right. It's not global warming that the scientists are worried about----it's the "rate" of global warming that concerns them. Global warning has never risen as fast as in the last 150 years whereas it normally takes thousands of years. There are events that will conteract global warming such as the eruption of one of the four super volcanoes which will throw us into an ice age for about 2000 years. Yellowstone is one of them and it is 40,000 years overdue and satellite measurements indicate it is bubbling up 1 ft every year. Also the Earths magnetic field has changed 10-15 % and nobody knows why. We could be headed for a pole flop. Everything I have mentioned has been confirmed with ice cores and sea cores. Ford Motor Co had a car radiator that would suck up co2 as you drove the car almost creating a zero-zero emissions syndrome but I guess it got lost. Oh by the way an eruption of a super volcanoe will deprive the Earth of all humankind. Don't forget to stock up on canned food.

JJK

It's a wonder that with all of the learned people on this forum that nobody got it right. It's not global warming that the scientists are worried about----it's the "rate" of global warming that concerns them. Global warning has never risen as fast as in the last 150 years whereas it normally takes thousands of years. There are events that will conteract global warming such as the eruption of one of the four super volcanoes which will throw us into an ice age for about 2000 years. Yellowstone is one of them and it is 40,000 years overdue and satellite measurements indicate it is bubbling up 1 ft every year. Also the Earths magnetic field has changed 10-15 % and nobody knows why. We could be headed for a pole flop. Everything I have mentioned has been confirmed with ice cores and sea cores. Ford Motor Co had a car radiator that would suck up co2 as you drove the car almost creating a zero-zero emissions syndrome but I guess it got lost. Oh by the way an eruption of a super volcanoe will deprive the Earth of all humankind. Don't forget to stock up on canned food.

JJK

My oh My ,

You have seriously opened yourself up to a barage from our right wing forum brethren . Like I said in my second post on this thread , "This is something that our kids and grandkids will have to worry about , we'll all probably be dead before it affects us ."

I still think this is an excellent approach to a problem . Throw a bunch of money at it and some good may come from it ! Maybe one of those water powered cars will slip by the oil companies .

Oh yeah , I'm no tree hugger , I'm guilty as well . Allthough I did take my 66 Charger and it's 440 off the road many years ago . "It was only getting 4.5 to 5 MPG around town ." I still can't bring myself to get rid of it though .

sunburnwilly:

I know where your coming from. I had an L88 Vette (over the counter engine) that got about 8 mpg with a feathered gas pedal and about 4 mpg going real fast. That Charger should be worth some real money, maybe a basement full of K-horns.

JJK

I'm a right wing nut, but JJ has it right. I look at it like this: It's God's planet, and we are its stewards. It's not our trash can, it's our home -- and we should do everything we can to keep it clean.

The end result of global 'warming' is that we end up frozen stiff.

Oh yea, I believe we are speeding up with our emissions, the global alteration thing. I also feel that a big event such as a volcano or large object striking the earth will have a much greater effect than what we are doing.

Plroblem is, if we ARE changing our environment and remain lacsidasical (SP) about it, it will be too late to change anything once we know.

Let's just be good environmental citizens! Gotta go fill up my Dodge Ram 2500 with a souped up Hemi under the hood now.