Audioslave is no more !

sunburnwilly

Thats too bad... Although after hearing Chris's cover of Billie Jean a few months ago I thought the other members of Audioslave would have kicked him out of the bad before now[;)]. Maybe he can hook up with the Van Halen boys when they kick out Roth after a month on the road for their latest reunion.

Seriously though I liked Audioslave, they had a good thing.

i'd like to see the killer whales get back together.

Hey Billy ,

This is kinda embarassing but David Bethany , the vocalist - guitar player - and songwriter for the Killer Whales , used to babysit me when I was a kid . He grew up in my nieghborhood Melrose , and was a member of my church , St. Mathews . I think that their great showing on Star Search was a long time ago . "Who controls the video screen ."

PS - He is a JERK !!! His brother Peter however is one of the coolest people you could ever meet !

i'd like to see the killer whales get back together.

Hey Billy ,

This is kinda embarassing but David Bethany , the vocalist - guitar player - and songwriter for the Killer Whales , used to babysit me when I was a kid . He grew up in my nieghborhood Melrose , and was a member of my church , St. Mathews . I think that their great showing on Star Search was a long time ago . "Who controls the video screen ."

PS - He is a JERK !!! His brother Peter however is one of the coolest people you could ever meet !

Somehow, I figured you'd know who they were. I never saw the star search version of them, just the Captain Harry's Blue Marlin Bar version of them and they did seriously rock out that old hole in the wall downtown. I think they even played at the Pea's Island "Yacht Club"

Bad news. I have all 3 CD's and listen often. Wouldn't it be a nice silver lining if Soundgarden got back together now?

That would be the best thing that could happen.

Agreed, bring back Soundgarden. As it is, kind of bummed. Audioslave is one revamped supergroup that I hoped would exist for awhile longer. Next thing that you are going to tell me - the leader of Velvet R. is back on H- and they've broken up..................................................

Carl.

I think Velvet Revolver has broken up..........Guns and Roses is suppose to be back together........Scott Weiland is OK, but no match for Chris Cornell.............

I hope you're kidding. The last I knew we had another VR CD on the way. I saw those guys live a couple of years ago at the IL state fair. They rocked! The sound was the worst I have ever heard at a concert. They had them in the infield aimed back at the covered, steel bleachers so the sound was going up in the grandstand and bouncing all over the place. It was awful. However, they put on a great, high energy show. I have always been a Slash fan.

That thing Axl is calling Guns and Roses is not the band we knew and loved. Plus he recently dissed one of my favorite new bands, The Eagles of Death Metal. Axl wishes he could still rock as hard as EODM.

Last I knew, new album due out, Axl, Slash and Duff, and I think Matt were suppose to tour this summer..............they are not that abortion Axl was touring with before, they SUCKED big time................Don't kid yourself about Axl, that lad can sing.................Funny part is, I think Chris Cornell could front GnR, and do a great job..................That's my understanding of where they are at................

Sorry OB (I'm usually with you but not on this one!), Axel Rose has never been able to sing worth a crap (can't imagine how much work the studio engineers had to do to make him sound acceptable!), he is the equivilent to Ashley Simpson! I saw them twice (I was willing to give Axel a second chance) and he stunk it up both times[;)]

Chris Cornell has a Rock-N-Roll voice and his pipes are real like Christina A's! Chris has the staying power of the likes of Plant or Rogers[:D]

OB, while I prefer Chris Cornell's voice to VR's frontman, I take Scott's voice over Axel's anyday.

Unless you have some new information (or interviews) from the last three weeks, here is a posting on a VR fan site alluding to an interview with VR's current drummer (formerly of G'nR). I think VR is still together and will tour upcoming:

"Henry Trappler of Celebrities.com caught up with VELVET REVOLVER/ex-GUNS N' ROSES drummer Matt Sorum, who talked about his current and upcoming activities. Sorum said the new VELVET REVOLVER album should be completed by the end of February. The band will then go on a South American tour with AEROSMITH in April, to be followed by a U.S. theater tour in May and European dates in June. The drummer was then asked about his previous band, GUNS N' ROSES. Sorum revealed that he hasn't seen the new GN'R lineup perform live and he stated that it would be "strange" seeing Axl Rose and a bunch of new guys playing under the GUNS N' ROSES banner. He also spoke of the time he ran into Axl Rose in New York last year. Watch video footage from Lulop.com.

VELVET REVOLVER is recording its second album, tentatively titled "Libertad", with producer Brendan O'Brien, who's worked with AUDIOSLAVE, PEARL JAM and singer Scott Weiland's former group, STONE TEMPLE PILOTS. An initial stint with producer Rick Rubin did not work out.

VELVET REVOLVER hopes to release "Libertad" in late April or early May. Weiland is also working on his second solo album, which he said will surface sometime in 2008 on his own label, Softdrive Records."

To properly source the quote, please see the following link: http://www.velvetrevolverforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=24392.0

Carl.