My new '78 Klipschorns

km5gn

After 20 years of being satisfied with my Quartets, I moved them into the HT, and replaced them with these Walnut Klipschorns. They sounded awesome as I received them, but after a Crites re-cap, they sound even better. My music room is certainly getting more use than it ever did before! And the HT sounds much better too... On another thread, someone was asking for pictures of them in place, so I thought I'd upload this picture. I was afraid that the room would be too small, and the sweet spot is closer to the speakers than I might like, but I certainly have no regrets...

Steve

post-25216-13819325564142_thumb.jpg

I was trying to avoid the glare of a direct flash, so I bounced off of the ceiling, and guess that I got the exposure a bit off. Thanks jmon for correcting.

I like the room a bit 'live' so I haven't felt a need for a rug. Listening to the 'I Am Sam" soundtrack as I type. A very nice CD - especially if you know the story behind it...

Steve

It's a marimba. I'm a drummer, and my wife and I played marimba in college, where we met some 32 years ago. Neither of us is very good at it these days, but could never let it go. The Cajun accordian is just one of a number of instruments in that room that I love, but can't play very well. As much as I try to become something else, at the roots, I'm a drummer. My drum kit is in my office, where I can make noise without disturbing too many folks, plus the wife says they aren't appropriate for the music room -- not sure what she means by that!