New Setup

PoppaPump

Well I think I finally have everything the way I want it so I thought I'd show you guys how it looks. Feel free to offer suggestions on different speaker placement. The couch is back about 12 feet with the rear surrounds, I'll try and take a picture of those soon.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=24264432&albumID=0&imageID=4507871

• Moderators

Hmmm, thats weird. I checked it earlier right after I posted it and it worked fine, but you're right, now its going to the main site. Well damn, can I just paste the picture right into this post?

I don't think it will let you paste, you need to hit reply, when the reply to an existing message opens up you will see an options tab, click that and then it will allow you to upload a photo into your reply.

Travis

Looks pretty nice.Maybe someday if you could have em' setup where you have 2 corners and can spread the mains apart a little more you'd get more even response.But...at least you've got a nice set when that time comes,congrats.

Looks pretty nice.Maybe someday if you could have em' setup where you have 2 corners and can spread the mains apart a little more you'd get more even response.But...at least you've got a nice set when that time comes,congrats.

I agree with Fish. It would sound a lot better with the main's a little further apart. It sucks when your room isn't exactly bulit for audio. I live in military housing, and our house took some rearranging (like 3 different times) to get the system to sound good. If this is at all possible for you to do, I recommend it. It will be worth it later. But in some rooms, there's just no getting around this dilemma. None the less, that's a great rig you got there.

I find that starting out 7 feet apart and adjusting from there is
the way to go with the mains. Use stereo and music only using the
mains to set up the imaging at your listening position. You can also
move them in and out from the wall to see how that affects the overall
sound. I find that's more important for music than the surround sound
stuff even using a receivers time delay adjustments. Also,
a little trick with the sub is to place it in your listening position
then walk around the room. Where the sub sounds loudest is the
place you want it to be.

Nice setup, Bet it sounds great.

Look in your owner's manual for the F3's. It will tell you the best distance between the two. for example, my SF1's say 6-15 feet apart. (I think) It will also tell you how far out from any walls they should be. Once again, not always possible in every room though. Try to keep them out of corners if you can though. Mine are at about 8.5 feet apart with the center directly in the middle. Before this house, we had an apartment, and they were only about 5' apart. Needless to say, it sounds A LOT better the way they are now.