Another needless tragedy

oldtimer

Ouch! NEVER ship, just don't do it.

Nah. It's just that there's a right way and wrong way to do it. Parcel carriers like DHL are the wrong way to ship a freight item, especially cross country as there is more handling involved. If palletized and given to a freight line, they'd be more likely to pay up if they run into it with a tow motor than if (or should I say when) DHL drops the thing on a corner.

• Moderators

Just found this on Audiogon. This is why I refuse to have floor-standers shipped (my Academy was shipped to me by Fastlane and arrived safe and sound):

http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?spkrfull&1178211312

Are these the ones that William just sold that I missed out on by one day? I am going to puke.

Travis

• Moderators

Just found this on Audiogon. This is why I refuse to have floor-standers shipped (my Academy was shipped to me by Fastlane and arrived safe and sound):

Are these the ones that William just sold that I missed out on by one day? I am going to puke.

Travis

Travis, with all the money that DWI/DUI lawyers rake in[;)], why not order yourself a brand new pair. Then you can drive to Hope and pick them up yourself.

And, how could that guy say 8/10 with the corner(s) banged up like that. I really do not think that was a good price considering the damage, that's probably why the guy didn't want them anymore. I wonder if he sold them for what he paid??????

Seriously, Travis just break down and order a new pair. BTW, the walnut veneer was beautiful when our were built. If you ask someone at the factory they can tell you which veneer looks best right now. Or better yet, get those 60th anniversary Khorns that are so pretty, or even better than that get yourself a pair of JUBS. YOU DESERVE IT with all the [bs] you put up with from your clients.

• Moderators

Travis

Or better yet, get those 60th anniversary Khorns that are so pretty, or even better than that get yourself a pair of JUBS. YOU DESERVE IT with all the [bs] you put up with from your clients.

This thought has been resonating with me for the last couple of days. I just sent Trey an email about it. Thanks a lot for getting me off track[:D]

Or better yet, get those 60th anniversary Khorns that are so pretty, or even better than that get yourself a pair of JUBS. YOU DESERVE IT with all the [bs] you put up with from your clients.

This thought has been resonating with me for the last couple of days. I just sent Trey an email about it. Thanks a lot for getting me off track[:D]

Travis, those 60th anniversary K's are stunning, and I can't imagine you regretting it except maybe for the outlay.[;)] As beautiful as the pics of them were from Hope last year, they look even better in person. A fitting successor to your previous models, and hopefully your sills won't need more work.

Just be sure to get your cartridge first and then buy the speakers.

Larry

• Moderators

Bad things happen to good speakers

JB,

That's it? Bad things happen to good speakers? I am supposed to carry on, live life, and not look back because bad things happen to good speakers. That just isn't good enough, I need to know why, there has to be some reason, some way to fit this in the grand scheme of things. Oh the humanity.

Travis

Bad things happen to good speakers

JB,

That's it? Bad things happen to good speakers? I am supposed to carry on, live life, and not look back because bad things happen to good speakers. That just isn't good enough, I need to know why, there has to be some reason, some way to fit this in the grand scheme of things. Oh the humanity.

Travis

two words; delayed gratification in regards to the Cornwalls your looking for. As in the thread of the same title it (delayed gratification) probably sounds better than it is. I should add Tantric sex to that thread as well.

• Moderators

Travis, those 60th anniversary K's are stunning, and I can't imagine you regretting it except maybe for the outlay.[;)] As beautiful as the pics of them were from Hope last year, they look even better in person. A fitting successor to your previous models, and hopefully your sills won't need more work.

Larry

As per usual, I got a speedy reply from Trey. He said my 60th Anniv. Khorns are ready anytime for me, just bring a truck and a trailer . . . the truck to load them in the and trailer to bring the cash in. (JK, he didn't really say that). What he did say is that the 60th Aniv Ed., while sealed, are not "corner free" speakers. He said the sealed back eliminated the last fold of the horn that the corners use to make up, which allows you to toe them in and out a bit, but they still need something (I guess, he was talking in all kind of fancy technical terms) that resembles a corner. True to his technical/eng. nature he requested a "diagram" of the room so that he could make recommendations and suggestions as to the propriety of the intended applicaton. He is asking for a diagram from a lawyer, this is going to be interesting.

All kidding and sarcasm aside, I truly appreciate Trey taking the time to see if 60th Khorns might be a possibility for me.

Travis

• Moderators

I'm confused. I thought you didn't want khorns? Why did you sell the old pair again?

Khorns were on the long wall, need them on the short wall, short wall only has one corner (left), not enought room for false corner for right speaker (would nearly block entrance to room), saw discussion about 60th having sealed backs which allowed toe in or out, assumed corner may not be required, looks like my assumption is incorrect, need corner but they do not need to be "sealed" into corner, sending diagram to His Holyness for confirmation, if not enough "corner" for right, punt on Khorns, get cornwalls, if enough corner, have truck, will travel, need to rent trailer.

Travis

He is asking for a diagram from a lawyer, this is going to be interesting.

All kidding and sarcasm aside, I truly appreciate Trey taking the time to see if 60th Khorns might be a possibility for me.

Travis

Regarding the diagram...just make sure you have all the applicable disclaimers.. you know..."shown drawing may or may not reflect actual room", "room dimensions are subject to change without prior notification" and things like that.

Now to jump back onto my mantra... if you are looking at 60's (as beautiful as they ARE), don't forget that what they are is simply prettied up Khorns and you will still have the basic sonics of a Khorn (perhaps enhanced a bit by the enclosed backs)

Dunno what the cost is but if it's in the ballpark of my guess...AND if you are after fantastic sound then you really owe it to yourself to investigate some Jubilees.

Let me be more blunt... Perhaps the 60'th Khorns would put a whooping on the Khorns I had in my room. The Jubilees CLEARLY put the whooping onto them. So now it becomes a matter of degree.

I'd bet you lunch that the Jubilees would put the wood to the 60's just like it did mine.

Rhetorical question: is it better to spend "X" dollars and get fantastic sound and a beautiful speaker or is it better to spend 2/3'rds of "X" dollars and get even BETTER sound at the cost of a less asthetic speaker? (although I love the look and especially the 402).

Shall I add you to the list of invitee's to come up & give them a listen before you make any decision??? You are welcome to visit. I can even tell you where the local speedtraps/checkpoints are so you can fish around for some new clients and perhaps write the trip off as a business expense!! [;)]

• Moderators

He is asking for a diagram from a lawyer, this is going to be interesting.

Travis

I'd bet you lunch that the Jubilees would put the wood to the 60's just like it did mine.

Rhetorical question: is it better to spend "X" dollars and get fantastic sound and a beautiful speaker or is it better to spend 2/3'rds of "X" dollars and get even BETTER sound at the cost of a less asthetic speaker? (although I love the look and especially the 402).

Shall I add you to the list of invitee's to come up & give them a listen before you make any decision??? You are welcome to visit. I can even tell you where the local speedtraps/checkpoints are so you can fish around for some new clients and perhaps write the trip off as a business expense!! [;)]

I'd bet you lunch that the Jubilees would put the wood to the 60's just like it did mine. I take the bet, I would buy you lunch for the gracious demo regardless.

Rhetorical question: is it better to spend "X" dollars and get fantastic sound and a beautiful speaker or is it better to spend 2/3'rds of "X" dollars and get even BETTER sound at the cost of a less asthetic speaker? (although I love the look and especially the 402). You are asking the wrong question. The question should be: is it better to spend "X" dollars and get fantastic sound and a beautiful speaker or is it better to spend 2/3'rds of "X" dollars and get even BETTER sound at the cost of a less asthetic speaker and you have a Silcilian wife who sleeps with one eye open that is going to be more then a bit preturbed? The question almost answers itself.

Shall I add you to the list of invitee's to come up & give them a listen before you make any decision??? You are welcome to visit. I can even tell you where the local speedtraps/checkpoints are so you can fish around for some new clients and perhaps write the trip off as a business expense!! Shall I add you to the list of invitee's to come up & give them a listen before you make any decision??? You are welcome to visit. I can even tell you where the local speedtraps/checkpoints are so you can fish around for some new clients and perhaps write the trip off as a business expense!!

Yes, when are you thinking? Thank you very much for the invite.

Travis