What's wrong with the Forums @ Klipsch?

boomac

I asked the same thing yesterday and Amy replied that Duke posted about two days ago. I missed his post. Always enjoyed his avatar and his economy of words....plus we have some equipment in common. He sure was right when he told me I had the wrong woofer in my LS clones.

Any news to report on your end Buckster?

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Busted...........YES there is........On my way down stairs to hook it up, but quiet right this minute........Got kidnapped last night, had to go to Albany to see Johhny Winter, and Leon Russell, oh my they were good..........Report on item delivered yesterday coming up alittle latter, all I can say right now, She's A Beauty.....................more to follow...............

• Moderators

Busted...........YES there is........On my way down stairs to hook it up, but quiet right this minute........Got kidnapped last night, had to go to Albany to see Johhny Winter, and Leon Russell, oh my they were good..........Report on item delivered yesterday coming up alittle latter, all I can say right now, She's A Beauty.....................more to follow...............

OB,

I saw Johnny Winter last spring, what a show. He sat the whole show, had help to get off and on, but he wailed for a solid 90 mins. in perfect form. Looking forward to hearing all about it.

Travis

post-15134-13819326096094_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Scott, did you get my e-mail? I'll copy it into a PM in a minute.

I've gotten bored myself, I think because I see the same questions and comments come up repeatedly, and I'm almost tired of the same ol' answers. Also, I get more reluctant to post as time goes by because I don't like to be repetitive, especially around members I know have read it from me before, and as I've become more appreciative of the depth of knowledge of individuals who should reply instead of me.

That said, I think that interest in reading and posting is partly generated by a back-and-forth of views and information, but I think -- I'm not sure -- there isn't as much "what Bob said" or "I agree with Joe" mutual responsiveness that I used to see.

Good topic, thanks for starting the discussion.

Larry

I agree with Larry.

I concur with Larry, and, to a large extent, agree with Fini as well.

Travis

• Moderators

The forums are a little too much like a clique at school. Don't you hate it when you walk in a store and the salespeople treat you like you just invaded their privacy? That happens here too. heck, I have been around since 2001 but do not have a high post count and am still treated in this fashion by most. There are some very helpful and cordial individuals that are the exception.

Also, the Jubs, and Khorns talk is dominating with little talk of Cornwalls, Chorus, Forte's and other worthy models.

This post, in my view, should be of concern. I have learned a great deal from the members of this forum. I would think we would all agree that one of the principal objectives of the forum is to provide a freindly environment where folks can come and ask questions about Klipsch, and topics related thereto. I would hate for anyone who had a legitimate question, no matter how simple or basic, to be dissuaded from posting it because they thought they might get a brush off in some way. I hope I am not guilty of that, and if I am I would hope my friends on here would tell me.

I have gained so much knowledge on this forum I could not even begin to repay it back. My first post was something along the lines of what to look for when purchasing a pair of LaScallas. I got an immediate response from several members, a welcome to the forum, and an invitation to respond back as to what the results were. I, for one, do not mind debate about issues of interest as long as it doesn't get personal. However, when it comes to the culture of the forum I would hope that we would all take into account if someone new is asking something that we take the extra step of saying something to make them feel welcome, and not to be shy about asking anything.

I believe, overall, people do a good job of that allready, but I know that I could do a better job of that. Loveroklipsch, I am sorry that the helpful and cordial people have been the exception for you. I hope that we can all do a better job in that regard and I am glad you pointed this out.

Travis

Well said Travis....It takes a bit of courage to jump into the fray.....and a kind word doesn't cost a thing. I know I have read post from newbies who had questions that went unanswered for several hours and I felt the need to post and say "welcome to the forum sorry I can't answer your question but be patient and it will get answered".

Made a cartridge selection?

Chuck

Well allot of topics have been delved into in an outstanding level of detail over the years.

Perhaps we need to dig a little deeper.

1. Favorite platter bearing oil?

2. Preferred anti skate mechanism design?

I do not mind going over things redundantly, something new in a small detail comes up.

Having passionate debate without name calling only takes a few moments more thought. And I think a good "troll" is an art form. I got Dean cranked a few days ago when he had no idea I was messing with him from the inception. I am still smiling about it. I gotta get a life. I did listen to 4 CDs last night without leaving the couch. Does that mean I have more or less of a life?

The forums are a little too much like a clique at school. Don't you hate it when you walk in a store and the salespeople treat you like you just invaded their privacy? That happens here too. heck, I have been around since 2001 but do not have a high post count and am still treated in this fashion by most. There are some very helpful and cordial individuals that are the exception.

Also, the Jubs, and Khorns talk is dominating with little talk of Cornwalls, Chorus, Forte's and other worthy models.

This post, in my view, should be of concern. I have learned a great deal from the members of this forum. I would think we would all agree that one of the principal objectives of the forum is to provide a freindly environment where folks can come and ask questions about Klipsch, and topics related thereto. I would hate for anyone who had a legitimate question, no matter how simple or basic, to be dissuaded from posting it because they thought they might get a brush off in some way. I hope I am not guilty of that, and if I am I would hope my friends on here would tell me.

I have gained so much knowledge on this forum I could not even begin to repay it back. My first post was something along the lines of what to look for when purchasing a pair of LaScallas. I got an immediate response from several members, a welcome to the forum, and an invitation to respond back as to what the results were. I, for one, do not mind debate about issues of interest as long as it doesn't get personal. However, when it comes to the culture of the forum I would hope that we would all take into account if someone new is asking something that we take the extra step of saying something to make them feel welcome, and not to be shy about asking anything.

I believe, overall, people do a good job of that allready, but I know that I could do a better job of that. Loveroklipsch, I am sorry that the helpful and cordial people have been the exception for you. I hope that we can all do a better job in that regard and I am glad you pointed this out.

Travis

Loverofklipsch you have a pm.

Thanks for the kind words Oldenough....Travis is an asset. I found his post on care and maintenace of reel to reels to be especially helpful. He and Luther(Wardsweb) also started a reel tape exchange that is still going. I wish Luther would post more but I think he is busy over at Audiokarma as a moderator. If I have helped you in any way...and just now I can't recall...thank you for remembering. Sometimes we do or say things that mean more to folks than we know or intended. Just a year ago I ran into an old friend who is now a superior court judge and he thanked me for teaching him about baseball some 45 years ago...it seems I played ball with him in his backyard several times though he was several years younger and I gave him my little league all star cap. I had forgotten...but he had not .

Anyway....early on in my experience here I decided that the higher ground was the route I wanted to take in chatting with folks. Now I tend to look for the threads of folks I know who are positive and helpful and there are plenty of those around. Friendly give and take is okay and stirs the creative juices but grudges, bickering, and name calling is of no value to me.

The comments made in the above thread about post count rings true to me as well...I treat everyone equally......honestly I don't know what the hoopla about numbers is either. I will close now or OB will say Iam preaching to the choir.

Have a great weekend.

Chuck

nothing!

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

yep, take your pick, the forum is either a fad or a pulpit or an online shrink, or an online version of Cheers or Survivor,

depending on what day you

stop in, with a mix of regulars and newbies, rivalries and casualties,

venting and whining, and a few voices of reason and thought leaders.

you can see reruns and the DNA footprint of visitors past as a wealth

of information and experience in the

archives . . while the online community is changing some have simply

changed the channel, are cross pollinating other forums, or remain in

contact offline. Klipsch owners cut a WIDE audience, so it would be out of my control if that was the ONLY thing we had in common. at least most of us are still devoted to their gear.

• Moderators

Anybody read or hear any good poetry latley? <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

As a matter of fact, Yes. Brown Penny by William Butler Yates. St. Patricks is a week away.

Or another one of my favorites, by Dylan Thomas:

Do not go gentle into that good night,

Old age should burn and rave at close of day;

Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,

Because their words had forked no lightning they

Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright

Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,

And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight

Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,

Curse, bless me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

Travis

While you are wasting your time on your enemies

Engulfed in a fever of spite

Beyond your tunnel vision reality fades

Like shadows into the night

So i open my door to my enemies

And i ask could we wipe the slate clean

But they ask me to please go f**k myself

You know you just can't win.

LAMERICA
Trade routes
guidelines
the Vikings & explorers
discoveres
the unconscious

a map of the states
the blue hiways
beauty of a map
hidden connections
fast trampled forest

madness in a whisper
neon crackle
the hiss of tires
a city growls

rich, vast & sullen
like a slow monster
come to fat
& die

The Lizard King, Jim Morrison

What is this infatuation with the post count mystique? I had to look at mine just to see what it was. What is the underlying reason for the post count? I don't notice it and don't interpret it as anything useful by which I might infer anything about the poster except that they have made a bunch of posts... it does not indicate dedication, clearity of thought, topic positions, ... nothing I can think of.

What if the post count was suppressed from the forum? Would some stop posting? Are there some perks or prizes of which I'm unaware??

After 12,000 posts they HIRE you!

M

When do Dean and Craig start? That should be real interesting. [:D]