I have been living a lie, to my forum brothers and sisters!

PhilMays

• Moderators

I won't even comment on the spelling

Well it was only technically a lie, you have lived with her for a year. That says more to me than that small piece of paper you have to have for the state !

You have also lived with the kids, taking care of 2 kids for a year is harder than getting a marriage license.

And after a year she still wants to marry you, you must have done something right. In some states living together for a year, the state considers you common-law married, so it's not really a lie depending on the state you live in ?

Anyway glad both of you feel going through the actual marriage is what both of you want that's a good sign.

Congratulations, and good luck on trying for a little Phil, hope everything turns out great for both of you, and the 3 kids.[Y]

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was married for 28 years and got DV'd.  Met my new spouse on Yahoo personals.......  We had just a little in common.   We both were in the healthcare professions and both of our ex spouses were executive mtg bankers.  We both had 2 adopted sons of which 2 are the same age and 2 are one year apart.  She was married 25 years and I was married for 28.  She's from Arkansas and I'm from Mo.  We have been married 3 years already and could not be happier.  Congrats Phil....it does indeed work out for the better sometimes.

I was married for 28 years and got DV'd. Met my new spouse on Yahoo personals....... We had just a little in common. We both were in the healthcare professions and both of our ex spouses were executive mtg bankers. We both had 2 adopted sons of which 2 are the same age and 2 are one year apart. She was married 25 years and I was married for 28. She's from Arkansas and I'm from Mo. We have been married 3 years already and could not be happier. Congrats Phil....it does indeed work out for the better sometimes.

WOW thats eiry!

We both had dogs named Yukon in a past life! Now I'm doubting the whole thing!!!

We'll give you a bye on this one Phil and congrats to you and your new bride[;)]

I see a lot of people talking about being in their 40's and having children, Kaiser turned 50 in Oct. and I have 3 & 5 year old sons now and could not be happier, it does help when your with the right person[:D] I had my oldest son when I was 22 and my second at 44 so don't ever give up the ship men[:o] (or ladies for the few that hang with this roudy crowd[6])

Jay,

I've never had the green, gold, or Blue label....but their black label is some good stuff.

Notice no one has touched the green or gold label.

Oh I did open the gold..... The green was destined as a gift to someone..... Though I have a new bottle of green for me this time!!! only two bottles left to collect (red which is crap) and blue (which as I hear is expensive crap).

We'll give you a bye on this one Phil and congrats to you and your new bride[;)]

I see a lot of people talking about being in their 40's and having children, Kaiser turned 50 in Oct. and I have 3 & 5 year old sons now and could not be happier, it does help when your with the right person[:D] I had my oldest son when I was 22 and my second at 44 so don't ever give up the ship men[:o] (or ladies for the few that hang with this roudy crowd[6])

Kaiser,

You will be my inspiration then! I read things like this and know I can do it then. I'm not worried about the money, etc. Just the strength!

• Moderators

Wow, South Carolina, you can invite Thermalup to your wedding, he is near Salem, bet he would be a hoot. Just make sure he is told "it will be one sec on that scotch" by staff at the reception that it is just an estimate and that he should not take it too literaly.

Seriously, congratulations to you and your intended, and on your upcomming new arrival.

Travis

• Moderators

Wow, South Carolina, you can invite Thermalup to your wedding, he is near Salem, bet he would be a hoot. Just make sure he understands that when he is told "it will be one sec on that scotch" by staff at the reception that it is just an estimate and that he should not take it too literaly.

Seriously, congratulations to you and your intended, and on your upcomming new arrival.

Travis

Thanks for the positive vibes everyone! I now must admit how we met....Match.com. Apparantly a 42 year old male with no children that wants children, with no past baggage, is a commodity! Anyway it's been almost 2 years now and things couldn't be better!

Good for you Phil! Your good fortune give me a glimmer of hope.

Quick question though: Does 60 Klipsch speakers count as baggage? [:$]