I have been living a lie, to my forum brothers and sisters!

PhilMays

Well, time to fess up!

I am not married and do not have children of my own as admitted several times on this forum!

I have lived with my fiance since June of last year when we bought a house together. She has two beautiful children that I love dearly.

I am annoucing here that we are to be married on April the 28th in Charleston, SC.

While I have commented about "my kids", I stand behind that as they are the two most wonderful children a man could ask for. My last marriage disolved after almost 20 years due to not having children. I was very lucky to meet the woman of my dreams, and even luckier that she had the children of my dreams.

BOMBSHELL #2: We are also going to have a child between us...I'mm 44 and she's 42...WOW!!! we have talked and considered this for a very long time and are now doing all the appropiate testing to make the final determination.

Anyhoo...someone commented that the forum was getting boring lately. I knew I would have to "fess up" one day, but that sparked my decision on timing. (not that this is exciting news to anyone other than us)

Off to Charleston this weekend to see the people, places, get the license, etc.

Best Regards, and sorry for the lies!

Phil

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I also have kids, 3 of them. I was just remarried in January to a girl that is 25. I am almost 35. She wants Kids, but wants to wait 5 years. My idea was lets have a couple of dogs instead. We shall not go into the conversation that followed that statement. I too shall be having kids at 40/41 it seems so please keep me posted on how this is working out. I am already slowing down so the whole idea scares the hell out of me.

Thanks for the positive vibes everyone! I now must admit how we met....Match.com. Apparantly a 42 year old male with no children that wants children, with no past baggage, is a commodity! Anyway it's been almost 2 years now and things couldn't be better!

Good for you Phil! I got married in Charleston too. Have you picked a place??

And I might as well confess too since everyone else is......

I actually have two heads.

Tom

Hi Tom,

We are doing this in Washington Park and the wedding party will be taken by horse drawn carriage to the reception at the Charleston Grille. My sister was married in Battery Park, but it was not available.