Klipsch an obscure brand ?

thoppa

• Moderators

This thread is discussing why Klipsch is an obscure brand, not bashing on people who play drums. I realize many threads on here wander off-topic, but your generalizing is ridiculous, and quite frankly, rude.

Thanks

Rude?

You obviously are not familiar with MUSIC INDUSTRY standard jokes regarding drummers in the music industry! In fact the best drummer jokes I know were told to me BY drummers! Drummers are ALWAYS the butt of the jokes about musicians in rock! And I will be sure to inform them that they are "ridiculous" as well!

And the reference to harmonica players is just a Nashville addendum!

Just google "drummer jokes".

Here I will do it for you!:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=drummer+jokes&btnG=Google+Search

ROFLMAO!

Explaining a JOKE is always fun isn't it!

It appears that speakers aren't the only things about which some are unaware.

Well, obviously my second post escaped your attention. Regardless, your attempt at explaining your humor was going fine, until you proceeded to actually BE rude and sarcastic with a couple of your subsequent remarks. Why did you feel the need to do that? Is it fun for you to make others feel inferior? Just wondering.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I had never heard of Klipsch until about a year ago when I was following threads on efficient loudspeakers. This might be because I'm from the UK, but I used to work in a hi-fi shop with all the usual brands like Wharfedale, B+W, Kef, etc. Here in HK, it seems almost no-one has heard of the them (or can pronounce them either) and they try to get well over the list price for them too.

So are Klipsch widely known in the US ? How did you hear about them ?

Just curious...

Cheers

Hi Thoppa,

When I bought my KG 4.2's new several years ago our local HiFi shop had just about every KG speaker available on display. Of course I still browse the same store and am hoping one day to see some Heritage models on display.

Man alive! this political correctness is surely getting out of hand.

You can say that again. I first heard of PC around '89-'90 and it just gets worse every year. Maybe it could have been put out of its misery in '89 or '90, but I don't know how it can be eradicated now. It's just entrenched in our society.

If you're into irony, one of the most politically correct TV shows is "Politically Incorrect."

Klipsch is NOT an obscure brand. Everyone I know has heard of Klipsch. But where there IS a problem, is in people's perception that Klipsch still make stuff that's relevant. I guess in their eyes all they see is the old horn speakers that take up entire rooms. At least that's what my friends think.

I reckon it's all in the marketing. Some of the advertisements I've seen in Australian magazines for example, feature a huge commercial/theatre 4 way horn speaker in the bacjkround and a little (relatively) Reference series floorstander in the foreground. I know what kind of image Klipsch are trying to invoke in the reader, but I don't think this is working.

Now what Klipsch needs is some kind of theme. Say like that old TDK(?) ad where the guy is sitting in a chair with his hair being blown back...

Now take Bose (Please somebody, just take 'em... sorry!). They have a great marketing strategy. It works and sells a lot of gear. Anyone else got some thoughts?

Parrot, entrenched it might be, but totally engrained within us is our Human Nature along with what some would call our prejudices and beliefs. I for one do not believe most of these can be legislated out of us. People just need to get back to their thicker skinned honest selves. Maybe, just maybe, if we were allowed to express our selves without fear of offending, then the anger that is so ubiquitous and often physical would diminish.

Just "wondering"...

Let's see... the various posts were made
almost simultaneously within several minutes, so it is difficult to
read what was not posted when I was responding. It is a shortcoming of
mine in that I have difficulty being in two places at once.

Additionally,
in this thread it has been demonstrated that certain people have no
problem with the notion of chastising and making accusations about
others, even when it is their own ignorance that has resulted in some imagined slight. And yet I am still held accountable for their ignorance and they are excused for making their accusations.

So
now I am not only responsible for making a correct observation of an
irony based upon plenty of industry standard humor, but I am
responsible for others not having a clue as to what I was referring.

And yet others making accusations based upon their ignorance and aimed at me is fine.

I officially apologize for others not having a clue regarding the irony to which I correctly referred.

Just
wondering...Does the precedence demonstrated here mean that it is
acceptable for me to make similar accusations toward others whose posts
I do not understand?

Just
wondering...Does the precedence demonstrated here mean that it is
acceptable for me to make similar accusations toward others whose posts
I do not understand?

Guess there is only one way to find out I think the thread should be retitled to "Humor, an obscure brand"

This thread is discussing why Klipsch is an obscure brand, not bashing on people who play drums. I realize many threads on here wander off-topic, but your generalizing is ridiculous, and quite frankly, rude.

Thanks

Rude?

You obviously are not familiar with MUSIC INDUSTRY standard jokes regarding drummers in the music industry! In fact the best drummer jokes I know were told to me BY drummers! Drummers are ALWAYS the butt of the jokes about musicians in rock! And I will be sure to inform them that they are "ridiculous" as well!

And the reference to harmonica players is just a Nashville addendum!

Just google "drummer jokes".

Here I will do it for you!:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=drummer+jokes&btnG=Google+Search

ROFLMAO!

Explaining a JOKE is always fun isn't it!

It appears that speakers aren't the only things about which some are unaware.

Well, obviously my second post escaped your attention. Regardless, your attempt at explaining your humor was going fine, until you proceeded to actually BE rude and sarcastic with a couple of your subsequent remarks. Why did you feel the need to do that? Is it fun for you to make others feel inferior? Just wondering.

WHAT????? Good Grief !!!!!!

I'm living on the edge lately so, what the heck:

1. Klipsch was well known when I got stated in the early 1970's. Klipschorns were an icon. As tube equipment was replaced with high power "and grainy" solid state gear it seems horns fell out of favor. Maybe some one from Klipsch knows the sales history better than me and can chime in. Now that tube gear seems to be in full swing again (for most of us) horn loudspeakers are more popular. My guess is that orders are up?

2. What's that joke about a band is made up of 3 musicians and a drummer? I thought everybody knew that one?

Thanx, Russ

Hardly anyone who isn't into audio will know them. That's true of all of the people I work with except a former co-worker who is a drummer. He was very familiar with Klipsch.

'Nuff said!

That's the most depressing comment I have heard yet!

What's wrong with a drummer who likes Klipsch? [^o)]

Oh, and I guess you mean aside from their being the final arbiters of high fidelity?....

How much time ya got?

ROFLMAO!

Go ask some working musicians!

Just make sure they aren't harmonica players. ...Now I am being redundant...

ROFLMAO!

Where's the Doc when you need him?

how about a drummer that designs speakers? is that okay with you mas (maximus alphabeticus suppository) hey that was good!!

[:)]

have a blessed night,

roy delgado

OK - back on topic:

Klipsch is well known in many parts of the world but not the UK where it never sold well. Being from the UK myself I have never heard of them until I moved to Greece - where they are one of the dominant brands.

Coming from the English - laid back style of presentation (Wharfdale, BBC monitors etc.) I cannot tell you how much shock I went into when I first encountered a KHorn in full bloom. I had never heard anything play that loud and that clean.

It was hearing the Klipsch sound that really got my into music and audiophilia. I guess it is a sound that either does it for you or it doesn't - it did for me.

Hi,

I had never heard of Klipsch until about a year ago when I was following threads on efficient loudspeakers. This might be because I'm from the UK, but I used to work in a hi-fi shop with all the usual brands like Wharfedale, B+W, Kef, etc. Here in HK, it seems almost no-one has heard of the them (or can pronounce them either) and they try to get well over the list price for them too.

So are Klipsch widely known in the US ? How did you hear about them ?

Just curious...

Cheers

In most industries, the company will concentrate on the home market first, and going thru distributors in other countries. I suspect that Britisch speakers companies may have a head start in ahum... "ex colonies" such as HK and other asian markets. You still see colonial connections in politics....for example France having better relations with its ex colonies and other countries in the middle east such as Syria, lebanon, Northern Africa where it did have more influence before WW1. Hope this thread doesn turn into politics..