New Reciever

germerikan

Hello fellow Klipsch fans!

I just started rebuilding my system and the 2nd thing I want to change is my reciever. As you see below I have an old yammy and due to the fact that it only sends a "fake" signal to the rears I am not experiencing true Surround sound[:'(]

The reciever I have in mind (99% sure I will buy it) is the Yamaha RX-V1700. Just wanted to know if anyone else in the foum has this reciever. $900 is my limit and since I am a Yamaha fan (Although Carver was my first choice in the army back in the day) this one caught my eye. Just lookin for pros/cons and mabie a reciever with the same quality with a somewhat lower price. HDMI and digital inputs a must the rest of the "extras" could be thought about.

Speaker set up in signature.

Thanks

Randy

Just called the dealer with the Rotel, they have them in stock and if I leave a check/credit card for the full price I can take it home and try it out. The only thing is, it costs 1498 euro. In germany you can twist their arm to about 10 to 12%, if it sounds "better" than the yamaha there could be another reciever in the race.

Rotel RSX-1057, if you can twist a dealers arm, or grab one off of agon-epay.

Its gonna be pretty hard to get a better sounding avr for the money but.....is the 1057 still 5ch amped(needing a 2ch amp for mains if going 7.1)? Regardless,I had a 1056,with several different 2ch amps running mains,very nice sound,much better than the Denons,Pioneers,Yamaha's etc...only my opinion.

I had a Yamaha RX-V392 and when I replaced it with an RX-V750, the sound was a little different, possibly less warm but more clear. Anyway, the 750 drives a pair of La Scalas really nicely, with clean and quiet sound, and it drives 5 Paradigm center and suround speakers really well also.

The Synergy Series are different from the Heritage Series Klipsch speakers, though, so you might want to try the receivers at home with your system if the dealer is willing. If the sound of the Yamaha goes well with the sound of your speakers, I think you'll like everything else about it.

99% sure sounds pretty much like a done deal[;)]

I have owned several Yamaha receivers over the years and I am completely satisfied with my system. (I still own 3 older Yamaha receivers.)

Most folks are going to recommend what they own, but everyone hears things a bit differently. Sound differences in electronics are very subjective. If at all possible, see if you can test-drive the receiver in your home. Then go from there.

Have fun~

Mike (The Yamaha Underdog)

Yammies are toy-like and really not so practical in setting up your system. I would suggest looking further than Walmart & or Best Buy for better products. Also the KLF speakers and of course some of the lower grade Denon DVD players are laughable. These have always been considered as starter speakers for dorm rooms. Look outside the box man! Plenty of good infor here!

Cheers and good luck!

Thanks for the many replies, since I am in Germany my replies to your replies will take a bit longer due to time difference.

I welcome any input that I get from this forum, I have been gosting around since December or so taking all the info that I can. Many times I have gotten real good info in setting up the system.

Yes 99% is somewhat sure but I have been out of the Audio game so long I'm not sure what other brands are booming these days and it is alway good to hear another oppinion.

I went to the Rotel dealer yesterday and herd the 1057 in 2 channel and was impressed, unfortunately I could not hear it in HT because they were only set up for 2 channel. The dealer even told me that Klipsch is a very good brand, although the Heritage blows the F3 series away (and he does not even sell Klipsch). We will be seeing if I can test run at home.

When I was in the Army I had a Maranz (don't remember the model) driving Cerwin Vegas but was not so happy with it and changed to Carver, today the Maranz should be much better though!! Could be worth checking out. Unfortunately they only have the Carver Studio line here and that is way out of my budget, some of the larger Cinemas here are using Carver to drive their speakers mostly JBL.

After having to listen to 18 year old SABA 2 ways for the last 9 years the change over to Klipsch (yes even the F3's) is like trading in an old Gremlin for a Mercedes[:D] Lucky for me they just started to sell Klipsch in German stores about 8 months ago and only Synergy and certian Reference series. I almost bought Quadral...[:|]

Please keep suggestions coming, it will take a while before I decide which way to go. It took me a year to decide to buy new speakers...

Thanks again,

Randy

Yammies are toy-like and really not so practical in setting up your system. I would suggest looking further than Walmart & or Best Buy for better products. Also the KLF speakers and of course some of the lower grade Denon DVD players are laughable. These have always been considered as starter speakers for dorm rooms. Look outside the box man! Plenty of good infor here!

Cheers and good luck!

Don't take this personal, but that was the most rude, ignorant, and factually incorrect response I've seen on this forum in a long time. Not only was your response inflammatory and 'put-downish' , but it was factually incorrect.

And then you have the nerve to say "cheers and good luck" after your factually incorrect put downs?

1. Why the mention of and knock against KLF since the poster doesn't own or ask about them?

2. You will not find the RX-V1700 selling at BB, CC, walmart or at other budget stores as you have duley implied.

I also agree with buckeye. What the heck, my dad has klf's and a yamaha rxv-659 and it impresses me for HT and it's not always so easy to please me.

Anyhow, to original post, for the that price range you could get the Emotiva lmc-1, lpa-1 setup, and that would be a separates system. They seem to be highly raved about here lately.

I also agree with buckeye. What the heck, my dad has klf's and a yamaha rxv-659 and it impresses me for HT and it's not always so easy to please me.

Anyhow, to original post, for the that price range you could get the Emotiva lmc-1, lpa-1 setup, and that would be a separates system. They seem to be highly raved about here lately.

Thanks for the imput guys!!!

I did not take getech's imput personally, as I said somewhere else in this forum "oppinions are like a** holes, every body has one" a quote from someone much greater than I. I also have thick skin, I'm a technician.[:P] No blood no foul!!!

Emotiva is also a brand I have not heard of but will look for thanks. Like I said I have time....unfortunately no paitence.

I have talked to the Klipsch rep here in D-Land but at the moment they are not selling the Heratige systems here (so they say). It is also out of my price class at the moment. The entire F3 system costed me about $900 with Sub12 after taking a package together with the Samsung. I myself think it is a very good bang for the buck!!! Although if I could I would get Khorns for 2 channel and The THX system for HT. So many toys and not enough money!!!

Randy

Cheers and good luck!

Don't take this personal, but that was the most rude, ignorant, and factually incorrect response I've seen on this forum in a long time. Not only was your response inflammatory and 'put-downish' , but it was factually incorrect.

And then you have the nerve to say "cheers and good luck" after your factually incorrect put downs?

1. Why the mention of and knock against KLF since the poster doesn't own or ask about them?

2. You will not find the RX-V1700 selling at BB, CC, walmart or at other budget stores as you have duley implied.

All of us just ignore him on this and any othe forum he tries to participate in, if you can call it that.

I guess some people never learn how to interact via the internet. They feel they can say anything but are so spineless that they would never say it to your face. (Sorry, end of internet edicate 101 rant)

I put Rotel one step up from Denon, Yamaha, Onkyo, Harman Kardon and Pioneer Elite. McIntosh and Carver would be the next leap up from Rotel IMO. Not sure where I would place NAD since I have never heard one.

My best friend was in the military in Germany and all his equipment was purchased there. It is all pushing 30 years old, including his Heresey's and if I remember correctly, it was far more cost effective in Germany than here in the states. Is that still true?

Good Luck and keep us posted on what you decide.

Westcott:

Yes if you are in the military you get extreme good prices, sometimes 1/2 price than in the States,r at least back then. Was in the Army 8 years and 6 here in Germany. Just stayed after the tour. In the Army you had too much time and too much money. We had guys buying Crazy wild amps and speakers and on the weekends it was battle of the bands. The guy in the room next to me had 4 Bose 901 Piano finish and was pushing 1500 watts each thru them. The big brands back then were Bose, Infinity, Polk B&W Cerwin Vega and JBL. Klipsch only sold one model there forget the name of them Small horn on top, middle horn and a w shaped bass. naked wood.(alot of guys thought they were ugly but sounded nice)

My system then was Carver, Cerwin Vega (Later KEF 102/4 or was it 104/2 ??) Nakimichi Dragon tape, Teac CD. We had guys changing their rigs more often than their undies.[+o(]

Monthly road trip to Rhein Main to see the latest that came in. Oh those were the days.

I don't know anyone in the Military now (been out since 92 or so) so I have to buy like anyone else.[:'(]

Randy

BTW In the states Fort Hood was my first duty assignment, nothin like the road trips to Austin, hook em horns!!!wooo