Persuade me from buying Cornwalls!!!

33klfan

I'll tell you, the bug is biting me pretty good again. Now that my tube amp is all fixed i feel like i need some 'join the madness' heritage speakers. I am starting work this monday in commercial construction, so i should be able to afford them fairly soon. I want to save my money, but i figure i could splurge just this once then save. I hopefully wouldn't need anything else for a long time in my two channel system. I have a scott 233 and i wonder if pairing it up with some cornwalls would be a smart choice. I know everyone is either chorus's, forte's, or cornwall fans or a mix of both. I've read a lot about both, and i remember cornwalls aren't as good for badly recorded material which i have a lot of burnt cd's, and some sound decent and some don't. I can tell that with what i have now, so i don't know if i should let that phase me or not. I listen to mostly rock, classic and new, and some blues, but mostly rock of different genres. I've been talking about them on another thread http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/thread/886585.aspx. They are 1975 model, cornwall decorator raw birch, but were stained fruitwood color and the front grill was added. I read the earlier models sound better, but that's probably a personal thing. They look nice though. I could get them for $725, and that's the lowest because i already knocked him down, and it's not too far of a drive. I am not sure if i should wait for another pair or dive on these. I would like to hear your expert advise as i always do before a decision. It saves me time and money, and i always appreciate it.

post-18017-1381932651121_thumb.jpg

33klfan

You should buy now...like get in your car and go....

We see these types of post quite often....discussions take place for a few days...then suddenly they are sold....and your SOL.

If you don't have to worry about shipping your saving quite a bit of cash.

33klfan

You should buy now...like get in your car and go....

We see these types of post quite often....discussions take place for a few days...then suddenly they are sold....and your SOL.

If you don't have to worry about shipping your saving quite a bit of cash.

I knew where my Belles were coming from (Thanks Parrot!) so I did not have to worry about someone beating me to them.

Chorus IIs I found as a consignment at an audio store. Bought them the next day.

Buy them listen to them for 6 months, then mod the crossovers. They will be sweet.

I'll try to follow your instructions and persuade you not to buy
them... I think the price is still a bit high considering the
condition (cosmetic damage, non-original parts) but not
unreasonable. Make sure they are 100% functional, too. You
might want to consider bringing your Scott amp and a few musical
selections that you know well for a listening test.

Beyond that, a push-pull tube amp like yours can rock your world
with CW's. They should amaze you... CW's can also be hard
to come by and as others have said

you usually need to move fast. I live within an hour of 6 million
people and I've seen exactly one local set of CW's on ebay/craigslist
in the past 5-6 months. I snagged them

by sending an email within an hour of when the ad was posted (my lucky
day!). You won't have any trouble reselling them, either...

Better grab 'em up while you can. The decorators are getting hard to find. They quit making the true Heritage line and the price can only go up. The Cornwall is a great speaker. A classic. Parts are plentiful still except for the mid horn lenses. The damage is minimal and can be repaired easily and the grills can be removed and these can be taken back to original condition. It's a no lose proposition whether you keep them or not. If you are coming to Indy for the pilgrimage I'll gladly take them off your hands. I live in Indy and collect the old Heritage.

HarryO

Nope, i didn't get them yet. I don't know much about that pilgrimage, but i am quite a ways from indy, and i start work this week so i wouldn't be able to come out. Is that like a big klipsch get together because that would be cool. Persuading me from buying them isn't working too well, but i figured that. HAHA.

One problem, I would like to keep my sf-1's in HT, because my sc-1 prolly won't match very well with cornwalls as mains. I'm not sure how i would arrange my setup for the cornwalls and sf-1's to be in the front at the same time. Any ideas. I attached a picture of my setup now.

post-18017-13819326544046_thumb.jpg

Yeah, how could you guys persuade me from buying cornwalls?[:)] I talked to the guy and he said everyone that is interested wants them shipped so they must be far away. Now i just have to decide if i want to splurge. I hope after these, i am not going to need anything for a while do you think? I like taking big steps and i think this is like near the last step as far as fronts, so that's a good thing.

Yeah, with the cornwalls where my mains are now, i am not sure where to place the sf-1's unless it won't sound bad using the cornwalls with sc-1, but sc-1 prolly will. Wow, i thought of something crazy. I don't know if it would sound good, but using both of the sf-1's as the center.