DVD cabinet

Speedball

I've recently seen some wood working skills being posted so I thought maybe this DVD cabinet I made for my sister could fit in here. Made from scraps of old plywood and treated fence material with a good coat of satin paint, it will do for her. It started out as a very skinny cabinet but it needed a base to help it stand firm. Just pull two wood 3/4" dowel rods in the back and it will seperate into two halves.

What do you think?....[:D]

I estimate the cabinet will hold about 150 DVD's give a or take a few. I wasn't sure how big it was going to be, she just said she wanted a shelf or something - anything to get some loose DVD's organized. For ease of entry into the bottom half I hinged it on the bottom and picked out some nice small black chain to keep it from hitting the floor. The hinges are satin which is a nice contrast with the black. This time Instead of using store bought magnetic catches I embeded a couple rare earth magnets in the wood using epoxy. Seems to work really well and they are much more out of sight.

Now she is faced with paying my retired neighbor 125 bucks to deliver it or she has to drive here herself to pick it up. I'll just store it for her until she decides what to do.