Anyone else order one of the new stereo amps from Craig @ NOS ?

wpines

I'm quite excited at the prospect. He had a more than generous intro offer, too good to pass up. Craig is a nice guy to talk to, he talked to me at my level of knowledge without making me feel like a moron (unlike a trip to most of the audiophile stores in Connecticut). So I'm curious, did anyone else order one?

I didn't order one but I followed his thread on the proto-type.

I probally would have ordered one if he had cooked up this concept 18 months or so ago.

I'll need to sell a couple pieces of gear, but Craig's STeroids are as good as his VRDs. I have heard his initial build in his living room in Burton, and they are incredible, with a really giganormous and bootayliscious bottom end through LaScalas.

As I sprawled on the floor sipping daintily from a recent vintage of MD 20/20, I espied that his shag carpet reminded me of happier times. The carpet was brown, the furniture was brown, and I was...snoring gently.

I really was there, and the amp is yet another keeper from Craig. It is well worth his asking price, and if he spent $$ on any kind of marketing, they would sell at a grand above this price.

I ordered one for my office system. It will be mated to a Conrad-Johnson PV10B preamp, Conrad Johnson DV-2b tube CD player, a Linn LP12 (w/ Lingo, Trampolin, Ittok/Adikt) and a pair of Linn Tukan speakers. I built the mahogany base (with a 20-coat hand rubbed piano finish) here and sent it off to Craig a couple of weeks ago--he is building mine to run with 350B outputs and 5U4 rectifiers.

A total of 5 were ordered at the introductory price. I just finished building two last night. Allan Songer's will be built in the next 2 weeks which will be the most frequent poster on the forum to have the amp.

The MSRP for this amp will be $2199 with a forum discount of $250 off. $1949 plus shipping for Klipsch forum members.

The final proto type was reviewed on the forum here http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/thread/869232.aspx the proto type build thread is here with many pictures the finalo amp all metal work is brushed SS like the VRD mono blocks http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/thread/849012.aspx

I'm currently loading up gear to head to AKfest in Detroit and will be away from the forum all weekend.

Craig

Hey Allan,

That LP12 new? Been reading your posts for 6 years and it is the first time I have heard (read) you mention it.

How does it compare to your beloved Thorens?

I just picked up this LP12 a couple of weeks ago--at $1100 locally (no ebay, no Audiogon), I just couldn't pass it up. I had an LP12 through most of the 80's and also have a Linn Axis that I bought new in about 1990 that I used in a second system for a few years. I am selling the Axis.

I'm quite excited at the prospect. He had a more than generous intro offer, too good to pass up. Craig is a nice guy to talk to, he talked to me at my level of knowledge without making me feel like a moron (unlike a trip to most of the audiophile stores in Connecticut). So I'm curious, did anyone else order one?

Brad,

By the way I have been emailing you a few times over the last couple weeks asking about what wood type you would prefer. Did you get the emails?

Craig

Here is a picture of one on the amps I just finished.

post-7461-13819329519134_thumb.jpg

The little A-300 Harman Kardon 6v6 integrated is doing the job for now, but that one is really part of the "new" system I'm putting together for my wife's office. I have the matching HK tuner and have fabricated wooden cabinets for both (Marantz 10B style--my favorite wooden hi-fi cabinet of all time!). She'll also be getting a Cabridge Audio 640 Azure CD player and my old, beloved KEF 102 monitors.

I'm going to sell my Linn Axis. Do you think I should post it here or just slap it up on ebay or Audiogon and post a link here.

By the way, Craig--I have now reached the "chomping at the bit" stage!!!

Looks like mine will be here within a month! THANKS

Hehehe....I know whatcha mean about being "pavlov-ed" into chomping at the bit. I've been pretty relaxed about my VRD's (on order), but seeing these pics makes me DROOL. I'm patient and all, but these pics (and Dave's description) isn't helping any........[:)]

Post a pic here...who knows...wasn't Mark looking for something to replace his Rega 3?

OK. Here are a few pics that I was going to use on Audiogon. $495 including FedEx Ground shipping to anywhere in the USA. I was going to $495 PLUS shipping on Audiogon. Early 1990's Linn Axis with Linn Basik LVX tonearm and Linn K9 cartridge. The K9 Stylus was replaced about 100 hours ago, but that was also about TEN YEARS ago. It works and sounds FINE, but anyone buying this table should consider a new cartridge. I know how to pack turntables VERY well, so no worries about shipping . . .

2.jpg

3.jpg6.jpg

5.jpg

Craig, You should have email???? I replied previously and did again just now. Cherry it is. Can you do black hammertone paint on the plate? The stainless is pretty but it's a pain in the a*s to clean, it wants to streak. I'm glad some other forum members will be able to post their experiences with the new product.

Craig, You should have email???? I replied previously and did again just now. Cherry it is. Can you do black hammertone paint on the plate? The stainless is pretty but it's a pain in the a*s to clean, it wants to streak. I'm glad some other forum members will be able to post their experiences with the new product.

Oh Geez, don't ask Craig to paint the polished stainles steel. I just cost Craig a bloody fortune due mainly to the fact that he wanted 14 Gauge 4B stainless steel sheet on the top plate. Stainless is easy to clean, especially the grained finish. Save the planet... don't paint stainless.