For my mid-life crisis I bought this:

SteelerFan

Congratulations, I see you have the 2 - into - 1 speaker system installed - nice tone?

Seriously, I was looking at cycles too, but ended up with another pair of Klipsch speakers instead.

Last year I missed out on a Honda 350 Scrambler at a rummage sale but I'll be looking again this year.

awesome...haven't seen something that cool since the early 80's.

...Except for the singular solution to world hunger, war, disease, pestilence, and all things electronic: a 'naked' auto-transformer.

...But maybe that would qualify as 'exciting' and/or 'arousing', as opposed to 'cool'. But not to worry, I have a transformer here that will resolve that issue as well...

[:P]

Neat bike!

Damn, that's sweet. Here's my 'little red sports car' that I bought when I turned 40:

Can I have another mid-life crises please? Mine wasn't too good....

Mid life crisis at 40 ? That's a tad young Mike, you'll get another shot at 50....EH !!!!! Do you like the zero turn mower ?

Damn, that's sweet. Here's my 'little red sports car' that I bought when I turned 40:

LOL You screwed that all up...since you had your first mid-life crisis too early and worse yet bought a lawn mower[^o)], we'll just call that a practice one.[;)] Now when you turn 50 try again and this time buy something cool.[:D]

As a kid I grew up with bikes and as a young adult I had friends whose existence revolved around exetrmely fast motorcycles and more ink covering their bodies than it takes to write a Hemingway novel......

My one great desire was to get a Big Dog Bike with a super fat rear tire or maybe an Exile bike if I wanted to do triple the speed limit......alas it was not meant to be. Out of love for my wife(27 years of marraige) I have settled on arouind 20K in guitar toys and I am now updating my sound system. All of this with few regrets...........or so i like to say. There is always that twing of pain when a friend gets a new bike and says that I should take the plunge.

Anyway congratulations and safe riding............

Later,

Steve

LOL You screwed that all up...since you had your first mid-life crisis too early and worse yet bought a lawn mower[^o)], we'll just call that a practice one.[;)] Now when you turn 50 try again and this time buy something cool.[:D]

I never expected to live to 30, much less 60, so I didn't think 40 was pushing the 'mid life' envelope that much.

I'm not rich, what can I do? I have all the speakers in the world, so that's done. I have about 1.5 years until 50. Does it have to have wheels and go fast or what are the rules??? And no, I'm not having that much fun overall, but the ZTR is a bit of a blast!

• Moderators

I never expected to live to 30, much less 60, so I didn't think 40 was pushing the 'mid life' envelope that much.

I'm not rich, what can I do? I have all the speakers in the world, so that's done. I have about 1.5 years until 50. Does it have to have wheels and go fast or what are the rules??? And no, I'm not having that much fun overall, but the ZTR is a bit of a blast!

No it don't have to have wheels and go fast , it can have legs, and no not a new stereo rack for your equipment, but it can have a rack ! I would think the best model to look for would be from the mid 70's and older ? IMO The newer models may be fun but in the long run the older models may be less [bs]. Although they all are a little trouble on occasion, they are great to have around. When shopping you can only tell so much, sometimes it just take luck to end up with a style you can live with . Good Luck shopping, and let us know if you find a good deal, even if a newer model on a trial basis, just to hold you over till you find the model you want to keep. .

Gosh , I feel kinda lame .

Most guys go out and get a sports car or Harley for their midlife crisis .

I bought my first pair of Belles . And in the next 4 months bought 3 more ; thanks to this forum . [Y][Y]

Or in Colters case .

A mower that will cut 2 acres in an hour .

That's probably the route I should have taken .

It takes me 3 hours to cut 3/4 of an acre with a push mower .

"I'm the only person on my street that uses a pushmower ."

Michael-I love that mower. I have the 24hp/52" and always used Exmark when I had my lawn care business. Their equipment is built like a tank. My nephews love it when they come over because I let them sit on my lap and get the tires squeeling doing donuts in the street!!! Ya gotta love it when your mower can squeel the tires!!!!!! [H]

-David