the PURSUIT of HAPPYNESS

Speedball

• Moderators

I felt really bad for the guy, he had a really rough time, and his little boy only made me feel worse !

You can't say he didn't try ! I thought it was a good movie, makes you think how good you have it !

I liked the sentience at the end !

• 2 weeks later...

yeah, he makes it, retires, sells modest mutual fund, and ends up writing a book about a black guy making it is a very white world, I would have liked a lot more about the challenges, mis-steps and where he got his strength,

what happended next? did he meet a girl? did his son learn from his father's lesson?

• 3 weeks later...

yeah, he makes it, retires, sells modest mutual fund, and ends up writing a book about a black guy making it is a very white world, I would have liked a lot more about the challenges, mis-steps and where he got his strength,

what happended next? did he meet a girl? did his son learn from his father's lesson?

The guy's obviously pretty intelligent so my guess is that this movie is the teaser for the sequel.[;)]

I loved the movie just as it was. I'm not sure what they could have added in the way of challenges. I mean, sleeping in a bathroom kind of speaks for itself. It seems to me that the source of his strength was his overwhelming desire to take care of his son and to ensure that he was properly educated and cared for. I thought the movie was chock full of the challenges he experienced, the mis-steps he made and clearly demonstrated his motivation at that point in his life.

-David

There was a special on 60 minutes about two months before the movie was released. The story is based on reality, and pretty true to life. I thought though watching the 60 minute special that they could have added certain scenes that probably was questionable but gave it all the more to reality. He was helped a bit by what the true person called "the ladies of the night" as when they live in the bathroom and such, the ladies would leave money in the boy's pants or somewhere where the father could find it. The father said they gave the money because they knew something was different, a homeless man taking care of his son was very out of place.