my wife just wouldn't go for it

BigStewMan

Last night was my 25th wedding anniversary. We're eating dinner at a nice place on the ocean. During the meal, I'm trying to convince my wife that it isn't our Silver Anniversary that the 25th is the LaScala Anniversary. She isn't buying it. Eventually, I'll succeed.

• Moderators

That's a good idea, we should set up different special occasions that could end up standards, at least here !

Then you could tell her , If you don't belive me ask anyone on the forum, and we would all have the same answers ! For once !

Well if nothing else CONGRATULATIONS on 25 years !

Too bad you don't live on Oahu. Two pairs of LaScalas for a total of $1300 on craigslist with free delivery! Then the equal value diamond(s) would not hurt so bad either....Wish I had the space for these...

Interesting. I'll actually be in Oahu next week; although I'm taking a boat ride there from Los Angeles and I think the LaScalas' would be slightly over my luggage weight allowance.

I like Dtels idea of creating some new standards. The first anniversary should be KHorns--so I'm way overdue.

Actually, this cruise is costing us over $7K--but, the new argument would be "we can't afford the cruise AND new speakers." The only Heritage that I have is a pair of mint Herseys that I got in 1984. She just doesn't understand that they're lonely and want some company. They don't get along too well with the Synergy F3 system in the living room, so I keep them separated. When my garage is finished, things will be much easier. She mainly isn't too keen on the size of the speakers--we're space-challenged presently.

Thanks for the kind words--often I wondered if I'd make it this long.

Way to go Big Stew..................Maybe you should buy her 60th Annv. Khorns with the diamonds in the logo, then you both get a present.........

hey buddy, my name's Stew not Rockerfeller or Colter (with the net worth of his collection). But, a good idea anyway.

I will definitely go for a new standard, but I hang on......... I already did.

For our 10 years anniversary my wife wanted a new diamond ring with a new wedding band, she is getting it since I got my RF 83's.

Seems to be a fair trade as far as I'm concerned, a costly one but still a fair one.[*-)]

Congrats! Our 25th is coming up in Sept. Bad idea using your anniversary as an excuse to buy speakers! That's worse then buying your wife a vacuum cleaner for her birthday!

Option #1:

Just buy them and tell her later. Wait until she's in the shower to bring them inside. What's she gonna do? Carry them back out?[:@]

Option #2:

Sock money away a little at a time then come home from a yardsale one Saturday morning with a pair of Lascalas. "Look what I found for $35 honey!!!"[;)]