Are there any SVS or HSU fans out here?

johnnymac

I'm in need of a subwoofer, I have been checking out SVS and HSU websites. Both seems to get great reviews depending on the site. I got to admit, some of the prices on the HSU site are pretty tempting. An STF 3 for $479.00, seems like a bargin to me.

Any thoughts, suggestions?

Thanks in advance to all that reply.

johnny,

I have owned an HSU VTF-3 for a couple of years now. I absolutely, with NO hesitation, recommend them. I cannot comment on SVS, but have heard that they are a fine sub as well. Many more folks seem to own the SVS's. I have no experience with them.

This sub is very powerful, and clean. I have not had a single problem with it, and it is driven VERY hard at times. (It seems to suck the air right out of the room) [li]

I am the proud owner of Klipsch subs as well...........Can't go wrong with any of these.

Have fun.

Mike

SVS or HSU you are almost sure to hit some quality bass.

HSU's best value is the VTF3HO,the best buy if you are looking for depth,high output and great sound quality for just about any application.

SVS's strong subs would be the 12NSD(or its replacement) and the dual driver Plus series.Similar qualities to HSU,better quality drivers(HSU is king for doing the most with the least).

Or you have Klipsch RT10d,a very good sub...and the larger RT-12d more output.High quality subs for HT.

• 2 weeks later...

KlipschArtist here -

I have an SVS-PB12 Ultra with the Rosewood finish. It's in a 16 x 12 room, and the lows are sounds I've never heard before, and it really makes surround sound awesome. The SVS customer service and order process is top notch. From initial order to my door, in 5 days. For music, it has a very clean sound, as long as you don't crank it way up. I haven't listened to any of the HSU subs, but I would go with SVS again, maybe just adding another Ultra.[:)]

I've a Hsu TN1220 Cylinder and a Hsu VTF3-MK2 (Rosewood) sharing the bass duties in my HT setup; very clean, very deep, very musical, and for a great price for the quality. They integrated very well with my Forte-Academy-RS3 system.

A quality sub (or subs) is crucial for getting the most out of modern film, and also helps bring more realism to music.

My SVS PC-Plus 16-46 puts out the deepest bass I've ever heard/felt from any home sub.

You don't go much lower than that one to be sure. These 2 brands are different animals; best bang for your buck out there minus DIY (even considering the time I've spent with DIY the savings/performance difference isn't hugely remarkable). Unfortunately I've sold all of my DIY subs for a profit so I'm all SVS for the time being. Would definitely recommend.