Sopranos !!!!!

meagain

So.... One of those "trippy" Sopranos episodes (IMO). I like those. I was drinking when I saw the premier last night but I liked how they kept flashing to the lake constantly. And the boat. (trippy aspect).... The drowning story.... water water water. What's up with Phil? Did he have the life-change due to his heart attack that Tony almost had after his near death crisis? I liked how they backtracked to when Johnny Sack was arrested and Tony's gun drop. I thought that would end up more interesting like the kid shooting someone and laying more guilt on Tony, but we'll see. I tend to over think the show and in that way I am sometimes let down. What I didn't like was the newspaper drop on Tony's driveway and finding the newspaper didn't have anything interesting on it. They could have done some either goofy or tricky thing there just for anal fans like me. Deadwood would've been all over that one with detail just for kicks. I have to watch the show again. Something about the water... who will die in water? Tony? Will there be ducks? :) Poor Bobbie dropped his gun - Janice is going to........ hmmm....

I want soooo many loose ends tied up.... Now, help me remember cuz it's been crazy long between seasons..... Wasn't Janice's baby just an infant? What season did the Johnny Sack/Tony running away from Feds event happen? I think last night they said 2.5-3 years ago? But I don't recall that snow scene at Johnny's house being last season? I'm confused cuz I coulda sworn Janice & Bobby's kid was an infant last year (or a toddler)? Yet the Phil scene was as if Phil just got out of the hospital from the Heart attack? Or did Phil have a VERY long hospital stay or coma type deal? I'm confused on time frames...... help?

I love the HBO night time soap operas, like Sex in the City and Six Feet Under, but I get them a few years late at Blockbuster!

What are the hot dramas on HBO now?

Sex in the City said no to a movie, wonder if the Sopranos will? Bet it would make a great 3-part movie series ( afew years after they milk the DVD sales)!

I never miss an episode, and I always record and rewatch the next day to "over analyze" it. The flashback to Johnny Sach's was from season 5. They showed it as it was happening in 2004. I think the news paper drop was to get you out of the flashback, because it said 2007 on it. Definately not as trippy as last season's premier, but right up there.

Jeremy

It's been a while since I've watched the show, but I managed to catch the last half of the episode last night. I, too, was wondering what was up with the water. It looked to me like Tony was looking at the cottage/dock/whatever across the lake, rather than the water itself? Anyway, my question is this: I thought that Bobby is Junior's son. Junior, being Tony's uncle, would make Bobby and Janice cousins, right? So I must be wrong about Bobby being Junior's son? If not.......close family!!!

-David

EDIT-Oh yeah, nice fight last night. "If that rug wouldn't have been there." Is that not a typical response, or what? lol

I want to know what happened to Junior. I loved his acting.

Junior is in mental hospital/prison for shooting Tony last season. I'm sure he will make a cameo or 2. Bobby Bacaliaria was Junior's driver/bodyguard/caretaker. Junior has no children. I am such a geek!

Jeremy

Tony and Bobby were talking in the boat while they were fishing. Tony asked Bobby if he had ever lost his cherry(Killed someone) Bobby said no, the oppertunity had never came up. Tony said that it was ironic since Boby's father had been known as a terminator, since he had killed so many people. So Bobby's father couldn't have been junior.

• 1 month later...

I am thinking Tony will get whacked due to a gambling debt, or something to due with his "badluck" streak. They have really been focusing on that the last couple of episodes. Chris is the wild card this season, especially since he is starting to get into his old habits.[D] Only four episodes left.

But also focusing (all season) of how he's destroying those around him. Forced Bobby to kill someone for the first time (he dropped his gun so he's going to get busted) and ruin his, Tony's sister & their kids' lives. Made AJ go to the party which ended up being a bad idea. IDK - Something might happen to AJ and Tony might off his own self? Or Tony's sister, or his wife? :)

IDK - I sometimes have issues with the show. I'm trying to keep in mind the season opener last season with the narration at the beginning. It was a longish narration thing. The thing about the wind and 'there's something bigger than you', etc. Seemed they were building up to a change with Tony after the shooting recovery, but that sure went to hell.

I'm banking on something more poignant/flamboyant than getting wacked due to a gambling debt.. Waiting for Tony's wife to find out about Adriana too. Everything he touches this season gets destroyed.

He paid the debt off. If Bobby gets busted it's because of the ripped shirt with dna (as foreshadowed) not because of dropping the gun ( which should have been wiped clean and wearing gloves). tony's paranoia is getting to him, and leotardo is starting a war to end all wars.

Edit: Oh yeah, Tony's sister reminds me of my sister.

Well, so much for my statement about Chris being the wildcard this season. That didn't take very long. I would have thought the final episodes would have been better than they are. Seems like they were really wanting to get the series finished, and just started throwing stuff together. Just does not seem to have any fluidity (is that a word?) to this season.

I figured AJ. Cuz Tony's fear has been that AJ would become him and AJ is getting into trouble.

I agree - for instance, I thought Christopher's death scene was just 'odd'. Like the shot of his face appearing unconscious/dead, then the next shot his head is up far more alert. But I blame his acting on that one. There was something almost comical about it. IDK.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm glad Paulie is still around. He amuses me. You know, I have to learn to not over-think this show cuz when I do, it bugs me. I have problems with it. Just things don't seem to work right for me. The Dr. Malfi(sp?) think last show.... what the heck? Out of the blue we see this change of character? I don't care about the study she read. I just doesn't gel with me. I mean, 7 years worth of talks and boom. I guess her experience tells her all those talks were BS and agrees with the study? Doesn't sit right with me. Christopher's death being no apparent big deal to anyone. Maybe it's to underscore what A-holes they all are. IDK - but there just seems to be loose ends and things that just don't make sense.

It's looking like an all out family war at the end here and that too, dissapoints me. Sort of figured there'd be something more poignant going on like we'd see Tony retired in Italy or donating to charity or an interesting death. Looks like it's not going to happen and it'll be just a bunch of blood letting. I'm at least hopeing for some semblance of a flash forward of at least where Tony's at in 10-20 years if he survives or of AJ being boss, or 'something' interesting. IDK - It sort of seems like this series end was rushed or not as well thought out as it should. IDK.....

Is it me? LOL

I could see where Paulie would do it. He was the one that told Johnny what Ralph said about his wife. Constantly trying to get more money under the books for himself. No mention of Paulie's name when Phil had the sit-down and gave the order to take out "Jersey". He just seemed to be more and more displeased the last couple of years.