pCat/Peach

ssh

" I don't know much about how Indy works for demos, but maybe someone will let me know?"

It has something to do with ice cream, passwords, and secret hand shakes.

Jeff Along with the Scott 299 that Craig rebuilt, the curly maple Cornwalls will be the last of the audio gear to go. I may offer up some Herseys in the near future though.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

post-11564-13819330336672_thumb.jpg

I wish for the pCAT to be at Indy. Someone?

===========

There will be some pCATs there. I will either bring them myself or have someone in the area host them for me. pCATs and perhaps a couple other goodies as well. I don't know much about how Indy works for demos, but maybe someone will let me know?

Those attending Indy are really in for a treat! The pCATs are a new standard in my world. No I haven't compared them to every other amp in the world and I apologize if some think that i am going over the top with my praise. But unless you have heard them I cannot accept your opinion. I simply cannot believe that I have this level of fidelity in my house and can listen to it every day. Un freakin believable.

Josh

===========

There will be some pCATs there. I will either bring them myself or have someone in the area host them for me. pCATs and perhaps a couple other goodies as well. I don't know much about how Indy works for demos, but maybe someone will let me know?

Those attending Indy are really in for a treat! The pCATs are a new standard in my world. No I haven't compared them to every other amp in the world and I apologize if some think that i am going over the top with my praise. But unless you have heard them I cannot accept your opinion. I simply cannot believe that I have this level of fidelity in my house and can listen to it every day. Un freakin believable.

Josh

Now dont beat about the bush Josh - do you like them or not?????

===========

Josh

To date, I am having the exact same experience. I've kept my mouth shut for the most part to avoid spreading "Jubilee over exposure forum backlash" syndrome onto the pCATS.

I thought I would come clean as the dumbass that sold the Peach. I found a great deal on Audiogon and really enjoyed the beautiful airy sound of the Peach, but for my current (now past) situation, it didn't work.

I have a 2 channel and HT in my finished attic and built an in-wall rack in the back of the room. The Peach's beautiful case did not fit my rack and the lack of remote was an issue for me. Since then, I acquired a pair of VRDs and my plans have changed. I'm going to have two different systems - 2 channel in the front of the room and HT in the rack in the rear. The HT is used maybe 10% of the time for sports and the occasional movie with 2 channel listening accounting for 90% of my time. I replaced the Peach with an older Cary preamp and the I am missing out. My former tube amp, a TAD 60 was a very capable, excellent value amp, but not quite in the league of VRDs. Paired with the Peach, the 6550-loaded TAD was a wonderful match to my ears. I just was not content with the setup - just wasn't perfect with the Peach guts in my rack without the nice case and no volume control.

So, in short, I made a big mistake by selling it. I will be buying a new one since they are tough to find used. The one thing I would like to hopefully see in the future is a remote for the Peach. Mark, is this possible in the future? Even as an option, it would be worth a few hundred bucks to me. If it's not, I'll suck it up and get up to change the volume. The piece is that good without question. I am also the guy that buys everything used to get the absolute best value possible and I will buy a new one without question. Not a question of if, just when.

Remember the phrase "Don't know how good it is until it's gone?". Truly the case here.

I love my Peach. I bought a Creek remote for it with the 'pretty version' of the remote control. Works great. Those darned Creeks are hard to snag though. Really have to keep your eyes peeled.

You bought a Creek remote that operated the volume on your Peach? Excuse me while I go kill myself (or at least slap myself around).

[:@]

Sorry - I'm a remote freek. That was my main gripe about the Peach. ONLY gripe. There are posts here about me whining about it and posts about the Creek. I have a Creek OBH-10. It's a cute little box with a knob on it.

Creek is in between my CDP and Peach. I suppose there's different ways to hook it up and IDK which is technically the best. But - Works really good. Has a mute button too for in case the Pizza guy shows up, etc. I seem to see 2 different remotes with these. One with a cruder black long oval and another with a smaller cute silver version. What's unfortunate is that Creek discontinued these. And their price has gone up on Ebay & Audiogon. I waited a bit before I felt the cute remove, decent price, great condition, etc. came up. Cuz of the discontinuation of the products and the fact that so many tube preamps don't have a remote - the price is highish. Zero noise. Dead cute gadget.