AK down.

pmsummer

Posted Image

Well... this is really from yesterday when they were migrating to a new server, but being as I've given Klipsch Forums a fair amount of ribbing over there for being down so often, I just figured that turnabout would be fair play.

[;)]

Indeed... I got the same message but since I'm on a SLOW connection at home, I just figured it was my problem.

Maybe we need to bail AK out and have a little nook here where they can hang out during outages? Perhaps we could call it "HPM 100 room" or maybe "Mach One room"?? [:o]

all said with love & joy [:D]

Looks like they're back up now!

They weren't down long. Still some migration issues, but it's going pretty smoothly.

I was teasin' them a little, but it's an awfully well run site... especially considering the amount of traffic and the fact that it's a volunteer operation.

Yes, there have been some unforseen issues with software compatibility between the servers. The site being down was actually to upgrade the old server to the latest version of PHP and MySQL. This was needed to get it to the same level as the new server before we could migrate things over smoothly. Still a few things to sort out on the new server before upgrading vBulletin to the latest. Then, I'll flip the switch and everyone will be magically transported to the new site.

It's lonely in the basement... I mean the command and control center. [*-)]

• Moderators

Well, we do have that pesky little side business of making speakers that we have to attend to every now and then.

[;)]

I would love to have an AK nook if such a thing was warranted, but I'll be surprised if this happens again within the next 5 years or so!

It's lonely in the basement... I mean the command and control center. [*-)]

Great work, Luther! Thanks!

Wish I could make it to the CenTex Klipsch Gathering in June, but I'm leading a retreat that weekend.

Great work, Luther! Thanks!

Wish I could make it to the CenTex Klipsch Gathering in June, but I'm leading a retreat that weekend.

Not a problem, there is always some audio something going on. May 4-6th is the Lone Star Audio Fest in Dallas at the Embassy Suites and May 19th the Lone Star Bottleheads meet at my house in San Antonio.

Well, we do have that pesky little side business of making speakers that we have to attend to every now and then.

[;)]

I would love to have an AK nook if such a thing was warranted, but I'll be surprised if this happens again within the next 5 years or so!

Well as fate would have it, the server went down overnight. I called the hosting company and now await their support people to do something. I hate not being in total control. They fed me some line aobut the latest version of the Fedora kernal having some bugs. They were going to roll back a version on the server. I told them fix it or we're gone. Whatever happened to pride in your work and making your customers priority one?

Oh yea, that's called Klipsch.[:D]