WTB: Allman Bros. Albums

I have been trying to find some Allman Bros on vinyl and am having a hard time finding any. I am looking for Live at the Fillmore East (just missed one on the gon), Eat a Peach, or any early ones when Duane was still around. He is quickly becoming my favorite guitarist to listen to, that guy is just incredible. I have some on CD, but can't seem to get my hands on any vinyl.

• Moderators

I have two extra copies of Live at Fillmore East (no they are not pink label Capricorn), I believe one is trashed, but the other one the vinyl is in pretty decent shape except for one track. The cover is in Goldmine "good" condition, which means it sucks. You can have it if you want, just send me something for the postage and the shipping box when you get it if you think it is worth keeping. All I ask is if you find a better copy for your collection that you make the same offer to someone else on the forum.

By the way, excellent choice by the way. My pink label LFE is one of my top ten all time favorite lps. If you want more Duane, get Layla and other assorted love songs as well, he was pretty impressive on that as well.

If you are interested email me your address.

Travis.

I have a few extras. I also have a killer 2-LP Duane Allman Anthology I might be willing to part with.

If you want to spend some money, I have a MFSL copy of Brothers and Sisters I'd be willing to sell but at $60, you might want to look for an original (won't sound as good though!).

When I have some time this weekend, I'll go through what I have and maybe we can work something out.

PM me your email address and we can chat this weekend.

- Gary

P.S. My prices are very reasonable. Ask anyone here ;)

If you want more Duane, get Layla and other assorted love songs as well, he was pretty impressive on that as well.

And sitting in on Boz Scaggs' second recording at Muscle Shoals Recorders; one of my favorite blues numbers, 'Loan Me A Dime'.

Rick

New sealed records:
http://search.store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/nsearch?catalog=lpnow&query=Allman&.autodone=http%3A%2F%2Flpnow.com%2F

trans_1x1.gif
Allman, Greg - I'm No Angel $8.00

EPIC 40531- Vinyl LP Record R4839

trans_1x1.gif
Allman Brothers - Enlightened Rogues $7.00

lpnow_1949_4312891 CAPR 218- Vinyl LP Record R74

trans_1x1.gif
Allman Brothers - Live At Filmore East (2 Lp) (200g audiophile) $45.00

lpnow_1946_7967574 Sp 802- Vinyl LP Record RR5631

trans_1x1.gif
Soundtrack - Almost Famous $40.00

lpnow_1944_504035 Rth 2001- Vinyl LP Record Classic Records is pleased
to announce the release of "Untitled" - an inspired reissue of the
soundtrack for the Academy Award winning film "Almost ...

Anthology - the best. Good cuts. I once read that he would re-record over and over until he felt he got it "right." THAT's a craftsman. Did you catch Jeff Beck on "Aerican Idol Gives Back?" He looked like he did not even practice and it showed. He missed an opportunity, IMO. Great guitaist, though.

hello,

just wanted to let you know that my wife has a few albums she would be willing to let go if the price is right. she has the following: live at the filmore east, exc. cond. not in the original sleeves but in quality anit-static sleeves. brothers of the road, exc. condition. enlightened rogues, also in excellant condition. she says they were rarely played and tapes were made of them for regular listening instead of playing the lp's. i've never listened to them and can only say they look in great shape.

she isnt sure waht they are worth but asked if you would care to make an offer. if so please e-mail me at petealmquist@wmconnect.com.

thanks.