Questions for Klipsch

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, if the Klipsch techies want to talk technical, GO FOR IT! I probably won't be able to understand much of it anymore, not that I ever could anyway, but I'd at least find it fun and interesting.... might be interesting to see if I can still decipher any amount of engineer speak....

Besides that, a demo of recording live music and then playing it back or having the live music repeated, out of site, as I read PWK did in his home years ago would be fascinating and very informative.

I agree with whoever to let the Klipsch folks talk about whatever they want to share - they should have fun too after all - and if they want to speak engineer - then just do it - maybe put up a gong when it's time for someone else (anyone remember Chuck Barris' "The Gong Show"?)

Maybe a demo of Klipsch speakers versus the comparably or more expensive competition. Not much of a competition, but could be interesting.

Some of the PWK tapes sounds interesting...

It would be a blast to know who, names, or companies represented, or overly generalized descriptions (to avoid any possible legal entanglements) the PWK showed his infamous BULL@^$% buttons to (I had thought he handed them out. What little exposure I've had to the "high end", I'm sure many who claim to be "high end" got a flash, or even long hard look.... (what they called CD resolution, sounded like a lot of hiss and other noise in the high frequencies to me, but what did I know I'm not an audiophile, but more a music lover - DUH isn't that's what this whole hifi thing is about? And movie soundtracks now of course, but seems that the requirements for getting it right are pretty much the same, the best my tin ears can tell (can't carry a tune in a bucket, that's we have boomboxes and portable music players)

• Klipsch Employees

Any chance of recording live music and comparing against the live performance? Wasn't that one of PWK's big things?

Now Who, what a good Idea. I will do some checking and try to pull something to gether. 

I think the room we will have the mixer and dinner in has "hide a way walls". We could put the gear behind the wall and only the speakers out where folks can see them. Is it live or protools?

Now I will need to find someone to make music.

...Now where did I put Tanya's number.....

• 3 weeks later...

These aren't really questions and are a bit over general

How about a discussion on amplifier requirements pertainng primarily to Klipsch speakers and different Klipsch models

real power requirements, advantages of Klipsch over other less efficient speakers - obviously the power requirements are a lot less, but what are the less obvious benefits - I've always been of the belief that too much is better than too little

what are the most important characteristics for a power amplifier

is PWK's good 5 watt amplifier all anyone really needs

tube vs solid state - advantages and disadvantages of each for driving speakers - does one type of amplifier sound better for different types of music or models of speakers? (I've seen many posts that claim the Heritage series speakers sound much better with tubes) - are there any real advantages of one or the other?

Plans for the future of Klipsch products

If there's anything you can tell us...

Crossover design

passive vs active

low sloop vs higher slope

most critical components of a crossover

Tweaking ones speakers - recommended updates to older models

replacing the xover caps seems to be a popular option with great benefit for the cost

Recommended room placement for speakers that don't require a corner

Thanks Ben, those are some great topics.

We're leaning more toward TOPICS for conversation vs individual questions. We'll try to stay within a topical area for a bit of time, with questions from the audience as time allows. The Town Hall Panel is taking shape. It's going to be a very informative evening.

• Moderators

I would like to know a little more about the "marketing strategy" for the Heritage line-up, as well as an overall "corporate view" of the success of the Heritage line-up.

Some info on the plant in Hope would be nice for the folks attending that haven't been to Hope yet. There are some interesting "production boards" posted in the plant and in the offices in Hope. The board showing the employees that have qualified to fill more than one position on the line was very interesting, as were the "Quality Control" boards in the office.

• Moderators

perhaps Klipsch Forum LIVE...knock down drag out fights but with video!...

Bill

That would be easy, have everyone sit in one of the three groups of chairs, left, center, right, in political order ! There would be plenty of fights to video!

It was just a joke, please don't do that, that would be the last thing anyone would want to talk about.

Sorry Amy.

• Moderators

What about things like how a speaker is "voiced", how do they know what is better, guess, personal choice, can it be measured ? The voice of my Forte ll sounds completely different than the Cornwall lll, both sound good but they are not even close to each other ?

When Klipsch sets out to design another speaker do they start with what size cabinet they would like and build around that or do they go by past models and try to improve with parts or design?

PWK did install one car audio system in a car, for a friend, have they completely ruled out car audio, or just not now ?

If there is Wifi in the hotel (which I'm sure will be the case), I can bring my laptop and do a live webcast through stickam. If there's interest, I can put more effort into the idea. I'm not sure how many people a stickam room can hold, but I don't think it'll be a problem.

There is a way to make it private, but I don't know what all that

entails. There are other ways to do video feeds, but I don't know of

any that will be as compatible or free. I really doubt Klipsch will be

worried about anything being public, but of course that's their call. I

guess we'll wait and see what they say. Trey had some ideas for

providing a webcam feed while we were in Hope, so perhaps something

similar can be employed?

Mike: Would you be able to keep it private? The powers at Klipsch may not want some of that info out to the public.

Exactly, we were thinking of the webcast so the rest of the Forum could be involved. but decided against it. This gives us some freedom to talk more openly during the Town Hall meeting.

Besides, this is mainly for you guys that could make the adventure. We'll involve the Forum the best we can, but we want it to be special for ya!