We are 30+ days away from the 2007 Klipsch Pilgrimage, are you ready?

• Klipsch Employees

Well Gang, we are getting close to the 2007 Pilgrimage. We held a meeting today covering what we will show you. I hope you will enjoy it. As it looks right now, ½ the day is tour and the other ½ will be free range. (Go hang out in what ever room you want.) We hope to have you all help with voicing a product or two as well as show you some new products. Maybe even show you some one of a kind speakers. Yes, there will be a pr of 60th Khorn and Jubilee speakers. There will be a lot of time to play with your networks / gear, running curves in side and out. Roy and I will run curves and such WITH you. We will have you setting up test, running test and then helping you understand the data we get.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

(WARRING!!! : You may not like what you see, so dont blame the messenger.)

We will have 3 HT and 3 two channel systems going along with the testing.

We will post and email the full Tour guide when we finish it.

If you are on the fence about coming to visit us this year, I think AC/DC put it best

get off youre a$$ and come down here. Rock and Roll aint no riddle man. To me it makes good, good sense.

Contact Amy at amy.unger@klipsch.com.

Trey,

This is truly amazing, I still cannot believe its real to be going to experience this. The closer it gets, the more it is really becoming a pilgrimage to me. Music and Klipsch speakers are very important to me, and to get the chance to get this kind of behind the scenes experience from the amazing company and people who mean so much to me, is going to be something I'll never forget!

Thanks for ALL YOU GUYS DO for us, in preparation for the pilgrimage and all you do in your day to day operations which bring your great products to our homes. Don't ever think we don't appreciate it.

Kimball

WOW! This is going to be so awesome!! Trey, I know you and others have already invested many long hours in planning and preparation and, no doubt, will invest many more. I know we all appreciate all your efforts. Words alone cannot express our appreciation. THANK YOU!!!

Blessings to all of you,

Bill

• Moderators

The closer it gets, the more it is really becoming a pilgrimage to me

Loud and Clear,

It is an awesome event. I know you will be so happy you went.

Trey, Amy and the rest of the Klipsch organization ditto on the thanks. I know first hand how serious you take this event and there is no way we can express our gratitude to you, Amy and the others for everything you do for us. Not only for the Pilgramage, but all year round. I know the Forum Members have a special place with you guys and it does not go unnoticed.

Christy

Trey,

This is truly amazing, I still cannot believe its real to be going to experience this. The closer it gets, the more it is really becoming a pilgrimage to me. Music and Klipsch speakers are very important to me, and to get the chance to get this kind of behind the scenes experience from the amazing company and people who mean so much to me, is going to be something I'll never forget!

Thanks for ALL YOU GUYS DO for us, in preparation for the pilgrimage and all you do in your day to day operations which bring your great products to our homes. Don't ever think we don't appreciate it.

Kimball

Will this be your first? We're looking forward to creating a very exciting learning experience for everyone this year. Yesterday's meeting was pretty energetic.

Well Gang, we are getting close to the 2007 Pilgrimage. We held a meeting today covering what we will show you. I hope you will enjoy it. As it looks right now, ½ the day is tour and the other ½ will be free range. (Go hang out in what ever room you want.) We hope to have you all help with voicing a product or two as well as show you some new products. Maybe even show you some one of a kind speakers. Yes, there will be a pr of 60th Khorn and Jubilee speakers. There will be a lot of time to play with your networks / gear, running curves in side and out. Roy and I will run curves and such WITH you. We will have you setting up test, running test and then helping you understand the data we get.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

(WARRING!!! : You may not like what you see, so dont blame the messenger.)

We will have 3 HT and 3 two channel systems going along with the testing.

We will post and email the full Tour guide when we finish it.

If you are on the fence about coming to visit us this year, I think AC/DC put it best

get off youre a$$ and come down here. Rock and Roll aint no riddle man. To me it makes good, good sense.

Contact Amy at amy.unger@klipsch.com.

Who is ac/dc? :)

Blessed be your day and see you in awhile,

Roy

Will this be your first? We're looking forward to creating a very exciting learning experience for everyone this year. Yesterday's meeting was pretty energetic.

Yes, this will be my first. Can't wait. Should I bring the crossovers out of my Heresy's, Cornwall II's and Forte II's?

What else should I be bringing?

The crossover thing will be more of a DEMONSTRATION of what can be done and what certain mods do. I doubt if there will be time to tweak everyone's speakers in the afternoon. I think our intention is to show how much care goes into the design of our networks and what can go right/wrong depending on the theory used when making modifications.

• Klipsch Employees
Bring what you want, but understand that 4 hr is not much time to get things done. Even more so with 30 DIY geeks looking and asking questions.

Maybe the thing to do is on Fri night we can talk and pick from the pile 1-2 networks, speakers, amps, pre's, sub. Thats a lot of testing. 

It will take 20 min to VT the networks, about the same to set up and run 2-3 curves on each speaker. VT on amp's, pre's will take a bit longer. 

SO, 2 hr into it, if we did not stop to talk about what we see, we may be done with the testing. 

The thing to do is pick a speaker and run it through as many test as we can. We can change network around, run ground plane curves, Mod some networks maybe even run a polar on the speaker.  Maybe begain to understand how the sound comes away from the speaker and how changing a network part effects that, If any.

I alway learn things when I get to do things like this. I hope you guys do to.

Trey,

I've been planning on coming since I stumbled onto the pilgrimage announcement a few weeks ago.

Probably just on Saturday and taking a break around noon for daughter's soccer game and return later that afternoon.

I'm sure a lot of the measurements and things will be WAY over my head, but I used to read a lot and at one time condsidered going into some sort of audio engineering, then found my way into architecture school and graduated with BS in Environment Design and then MA in comp sci.

Had I not thought I needed to get into the real world, not to mention the cost of higher education, I might have pursued acousitc design, music halls and the like.

Back when I realized Klipsch had moved it's headquarters to Indianapols, my first thought was maybe I could get a job there someday, maybe there's a really good employee discount program.

After 20 years with the same company, it'd be hard to start over, and me and long commutes (+- an hour from current home) don't get along and not going to move my family unless I have to with a 6th grader and junior in high school. (Of course there is telecommuting part of the time and Klipsch just seems like it be a great place to work...)

It seems like the Klipsch employees are very passionate about their work - from what little exposure I've had to high-end audio (by including Klipsch in that, I mean that as a compliment) a lot of the people I've come into contact with do have a lot of passion, a lot also would be candidates for PWK's BULL$@$%! button and probably wouldn't consider Klipsch audiophile level of sound...

But after catching a few reviews of Klipsch products over the last 28 to 30 years , many sounding like they don't want to like the sound, I don't think any could find anything bad to say and could (sometime grudgingly) come up with good things to say - most recently, not really a review but in an article by Sam Tellig in Stereophile (probably considered their current rouge black sheep writer) he was struck by the music coming out of a famous Italian architects villa (I had subscribed to Stereophile in the past, for 1 or 2 years but too much writing, while entertaining, deserving of the billboard sized yellow button - well my daughter was selling magazines for Girl Scouts and it was cheap...) God forbid that a speaker sound like music (my goal, but not so sure about the high-end audiphile types....)

Getting excited about hi-fi again and then I get to hang out with the engineer types and demos of speakers where the goal has always been to sound like music or the spoken word... and only an hour away. Too much fun to pass up.

Sorry for the rambling. I need to stay out of things like the forum when I've stayed up a LOT later than I SHOULD

once a night owl, always a night owl

Ben

We will stop at 12 for lunch. Then start up again at 1 or so. You shouldn't miss much.

Make sure you email Amy with your "I am coming" mail.

Already have .... and am looking forward to this already.

Wish I'd have known about such things earlier living approx 1hr from the Klipsch Indy headquarters pretty much since I returned to Indiana in 1994.

Of course this might create some problems with the wife ... once I spend a few hours listening to Klipsch speakers, I'm sure I'll have to get some and have been needing to improve my low budget 2 way speakers I slapped together towards the end of college 20+ years ago. She's good about catching stereo and speakers when I speak of spending any real coin. Not opposed to it, but not quite (yet) understanding the importance of really good audio. I've been good at avoiding stores that sell the really good stuff, keep putting it off until I can afford it, time for plan B [H] May have to investigate the used market. But I saved $$$ over buying them new... (maybe dtel should clone and sell his wife's audio genes....)