1000 pound hog

Jay481985

• Moderators

That's easy DD. A cajun!

Uh yea, I prefer mine to die of lead poisoning though, really fast moving lead !

When we had pigs the kids would name them, the last two were Sausage and Bacon. They were pets right up until they were food , the kids knew that .

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is ALOT of energy in this thread. It's something of a surprise to me.

true and all I thought I was doing was reporting news about a 1000 pound hog

Is that considered a good night at Rutgers ?...................[:$]

I'm not there right now, I dunno

That's not hunting............that's not even sport.............IT'S MURDER, and really is not news worthy, at all............FRAUD !!!!!!!!!!

"The big boar was hunted
inside a large, low-fence enclosure and fired upon 16 times by Stone,
who struck the animal nearly a half-dozen times during the three-hour
hunt.
"

When you buy it wrapped in plastic in the store someone killed it ?

Life isn't fair is it?

In a food processing plant the pig would probably be lucky to be killed before it was skinned and butchered alive. Let's not even get started about chickens being wire tied in a productive perch to lay eggs until they die. They're then "Tysoned" to the grocery store.

Enjoy your McDonalds. Isn't veal fantastic tasting? Stick the calf in a stall so it can't move and get "muscular" and veggie feed it so it tastes good.

I seldom hunt anymore. Like Old Buckster I've done my share. I don't show my "manhood" in this way. I raise a family and pay the bills now. I do however "get off" with More Power on audio. I just destroy our environment by using more fossil fuels.

I've seen 30 deer in a small ravine that have starved to death. I've seen deer by the dozens starved to death by over population in a local state park. My personal opinion is I'm horrified by murdering any of gods creatures in a fence. As a country boy I guess I see it as a "City fellers" way of huntin'. I grew up hunting, butchering for meat, and raising livestock for the same purposes. I'm glad we're on top of the food chain. I don't want my head on somethings wall. And yes I have my trophys hanging on the wall. It didn't lead me to kiling humans. Everything trophy on the wall was eaten by me and my family and friends.

At10 years old I had my own rifle. I was taught as a boy what it was for. Respect was the #1 priority taught. It was to put food on the plate and protect the farm and family from predators. Daddy would give me three or four .22 shells and I'd better bring home a couple of squirrels, rabbits, or whatever was supper.

There are many different environments we all grow up in. In the aforementioned article this is a normal way of life in some of our cultures. I grew up a farm boy. We raised hogs, cattle, tobacco, and normal crops. We also sold our hardwood trees, sold mineral rights, gas rights, etc. Farming is not a "sterile" life. It's a life on the land. Taking what is given to us to survive.

Life isn't always fair in the real world. I don't see me turning strictly a vegetarian so I turn my head to it and don't like to think about the way my food is processed.

Let's be fair. Unless we are vegetarians there isn't much difference really. Is there?

Harry