Eyeglasses

There are eyeglasses that make one look cooooool. Or so did I think 30 years ago. The blue tint was prescription and 24/7. What the h*ll was I thinking? Note the apple in Eve's hand.

Photo was taken early morning in a huge cabin that we used to rent with two other young audio nut couples, set up the LaS and CW's, and ..........................

tc

post-13095-13819334203_thumb.jpg

Been wearing glasses since HS. I'm over 50 and slightly nearsighted, so I have the opposite problem from those needing reading glasses. I take my glasses off to read.

Actually, since I've been working out of a home office for about the last 10 years or so, the only time that I put on my glasses is when I'm about to walk out the front door. I really only need them for distance vision, like for driving or watching TV.

James

Been wearing glasses since HS. I'm over 50 and slightly nearsighted, so I have the opposite problem from those needing reading glasses. I take my glasses off to read.

Actually, since I've been working out of a home office for about the last 10 years or so, the only time that I put on my glasses is when I'm about to walk out the front door. I really only need them for distance vision, like for driving or watching TV.

James

Both myself and my mother use glasses for distance as well.

Just out of curiosity, which does everyone like better.. plastic or metal frames? Full rim/half rim or no rim?

I just ordered a plastic pair. The metal was starting to bother me. Plus I like the fact that there are no nose pieces to leave red marks.

Richard Gere, Tina Fey, Drew Carey all wear glasses. They're all pretty cool. (Well, Drew's cool in a geeky way.)

Drew Carey has had lasek and just wears the glasses still for part of his act. They are just plain glass now.

Glasses aren't cheap today, especially if you go the designer route. Take a look around to see what you can get them for, I found a place at the largest indoor Asian mall outside of China, in Markham, Ontario where I got a pair of Silhouette frames and very good quality lenses for $200 less than the near by optical places. Off the street they quoted me $100 less, then I went with my friend who bought a pair two weeks previously and it was reduced another $100. So for $550 Cdn I ended up with Transient lenses, change with the sun, progressive bifocals with the second from the top Essillor lense and the newest frames. The local place wanted $700 for just the lenses and frames. Of course, my health insurance only covered $250 of that, I like the look and am quite happy with it.

I have transition Bi-focals and like em a lot. But now I am wearing multi-focal contacts and they are awesome. They are made with concentric rings where the center of one eye is set up for near vision and the outer ring is for medium/far vision and the other eye is just the opposite. This causes both eyes to work together. I was not aware but your pupil actually changes sizes at varying distance of focus which is what allows this concentric ring system to work as well as it does. I have worn glasses since 2nd grade but this is my first attempt at contacts.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I have a friend who was just explaining that to me. Showed me the little weights which hold the contacts in proper orientation. The concentric correction zones is something I haven't gotten my mind wrapped around. Pretty amazing that the eye/brain connection can function in this way. Very cool.