3 minutes to Miller Time

jacksonbart

Sunday afternoon-Tempted to head out for a pitcher of margaritas and some mexican food- no tequila in the house- liquior stores closed- See if I can con somebody into driving

Otherwise it will be ketel and tonic or Single malt and cigars out on the porch- Hot as blazes here.

bluesboy came over to lament the closing of his shop by the fire marshall. We had a couple of Budlights and two vodka martinis with jalapeno stuffed olives and a pearl onion. bluesboy seemed to be feeling better when his designated driver showed up. Go figure[:)]

Never made it to the frosty pitcher of margeritas- no driver- stayed home. A nice cold pilsner urquel helped to kill the searing heat. May be cool enough to sneak out on the patio for a dram of lagavulen and a Cohiba??? naw - i will stay inside for a ketle and tonic-- Dammit &%^&^^!!!! out of limes!!!!!!!!! Old lady used the last one cooking- ARGGGGG!!!!!!! Guess it is back to beer- work nite anyway

JB - greatest hits- like 16 tracks- starts off with sultans- has- so far away- money for nothing- heavy fuel - calling elvis

great sutff- I am rediscovering Dire straits- buying every m. knoffler CD that I can find

Great driving music

At the hacienda now- enjoying a Gentleman Jack and coke- apologies to the Burbon purists

tarheel - are you around???

tarheel - are you around???

Yes here somewhere. Rarely have a drink till the weekend and the licquor cabinet is at an all time low[:(] Got to make a run to the ABC store.

I collected about all of Mark Knopfler's cds as well. The sound/recording is very good on all of the ones I have.

Cheers gents.

I think I will open the Holiday weekend happy hour by closing my store early (as in right now) and head over to my favorite watering hole for a Shiner Bock and to wish my favorite bartenders a happy weekend, then head home and break the seal on a nice bottle of Magellan Gin that has been hiding in my cabinet for too long. Enjoy the festivities everyone and be safe!

Back from the Montreal jazzfest/Canada day and another Buddy Guy music fix. Up since 5am this morning to get an early flight back to charlotte. 4 day drinkfest with no driving to worry about. Food was unbelievable-(as usual). lots of Molson Export- Red label - not available here for some very stupid reason. Lots of KILLER Italian wine- Big boys- Brunellos- Barolas-Barbaras (love the 3 Bs) consumed while watching some of the most beautiful women in the world walk by in the perfect 70 degree weather.

Bad news- I am jetlagged all to heck- My previously crushed ankle from last year is killing me form all that walking and standing for hours at a time in concert halls then walikng a mile back to the hotel several times- My liquior cabnet is bare big time.

Good news- there are -amazingly- 8 cold Hienekins in the fridge that my son left before going back to college. And the liquior store is gonna be open for another hour. Gonna be a great holiday. Everybody be safe- cheers

Sipping on a cold Corona and lime- yeah - I know- don't fruit the beer and yada yada- thse were on sale for 10 dollars a 12 pack so i wil be drinking Corona for the next few months. Loaded the tahoe down with 12 packs- I find them refreshing during hot weather

Anybody hanging out?? i seem to be keeping this place open by myself.

I'm here with the usual (MM), the wife has taken her parents and the kids to Charleston for the rest of the week. I am supposed to be painting my daughter's room in prep for the move. Yea, right! Maker's Mark in hand and Sam McClain at about 5 watts................maybe more

A nice day here in the Port City. Beautifull weather, yards looking good, and got a little pressure washing done. Had a couple of light beers and martinis with bluesboy. Not bad for life in the slow lane[;)]

Cheers gents! Where you is winchester?