F/S VG condition Heresy III's

No one begrudges anyone for making a buck. I think the issues are the way in which it was done. Considering the circumstances it could have been done differently. This is "THE" forum and a certain decor is expected. Less probably won't be tolerated.

"Loose lips sink ships" so to speak.

The only personal remarks I made were about me. No other member. If I have offended then I shall render an apology if it is called for. If I get on someones case it will most like be one of my close friends that know me well enough to know I'm just kidding around in my own dry way. I might kick 'em between the K-22s or something.

Harry

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I, too, have no problem with a person puchasing a good and reselling it for a profit. Any product or service is worth what another is willing to pay for it. If he's offering the HIIIs at a fair price to the forum members, what concern is it of mine what he paid for it? And who is to say how much of a profit another should make? Any product or service is worth what another is willing to pay for it; the price paid by the seller has no bearing on the offered price.

Now, you may argue that a "friend" should give you a good deal on what they are selling but I would say that that is their prerogative, not their obligation. I would even go so far as to say that it's a bit greedy to assume that one should partake in the good fortune of another. Why should I presume that I have the right to some of the dollars he saved on his purchase? My humble opinion...

-David

If I find a gold 1904 Double Eagle on the ground should I immediately run to the nearest coin collector and give it to him for $1? Two life-long buddies maybe....but two strangers?

The Arabs say a deal is not finished until both men have gone 100 miles in the desert...in opposite directions!!

BottomLine: What are the speakers worth ...to you! Are you very happy you got them? If so you'll soon forget the price.

FYI...I am wordy and long winded

So...I am finally at a computer and can spend some time answering peoples questions, concerns, and issues with me. I will do the best I can and be as candid as possible.

My name is Clay, I am an Industrial Engineer from Indiana and have just gotten a job in Ohio. I am no relation to anybody in this town, really I don't have that many acquaintances either...so any confusion as to if I am "scott" should now be at rest.

I am relatively new to this forum, I am 22 and really really really enjoy all the nerdy things in life. Electronics, sound, and most importantly SPEAKERS...lol. This forum has provided me many hours of education, insight into where I would like to go as a quasi-audiophile, and a refuge from the hours of monotony during my final year in college. The only thing I didn't like about this forum was that on occasion people would gang up on someone who could in all of their personal motives be trying their best to be fair and honest and make them feel like crap...because they are ignorant or of a different opinion as them (be it aurally or otherwise) Well this has certainly been the case for me...and it makes me sick. I don't know what type of people you are that criticize me so harshly, but I certainly hope you live a spotless life. Furthermore, if you care to have a "Future of Klipsch" you may want to rethink how you treat the younger members of the forums who seem to be coming here in earnest. I could have just as easily purchased paradigm, b&w, etc...but along with the sound, and history I enjoy from Klipsch...the community I felt really helped seal the deal. And I have made many a Klipsch convert with my word of mouth, and often references to this forum.

I have said multiple times I DO NOT know the exact value that these should bring, and I have wanted advice as to what I should ask...or at least someone make me an offer and then we can discuss it in a civil manner.

I didn't at all put what I paid on the other thread because I wanted to brag, show off, or let everyone know how much of a markup I had on the speakers. The thread starts with me finding a deal, and then not knowing if these speakers were worth it, after several members said YEA YES OF COURSE...Thus I chose to purchase them (without asking to pay a penny less than the seller had them for, I knew it was a good deal...and I did not try to beat one dollar out of the person that sold them) And I had no intention whatsoever to sell them at the time. I wanted a set of nice speakers for my bedroom along with the rf-7's in my living room.

So then I got them, put them side by side with my rf-7's and decided that not only was I more into the sound of the rf-7...but I also thought that in the future I would be better off to sell the HIII's and save up for something bigger with more deep natural bass. That being said, I offered the speakers to the people on the thread that were with me the whole way...and helped my decide that it was a good deal. I wanted to be honest, and not try to deceive anybody. I let DoubleJ have first dibs, and still would if he made me an offer...he declined but thanked me and said he looked forward to meeting me at the pilgrimage (very gentlemanly behavior.)

I posted a link to that thread on this thread for multiple reasons...first is because I just moved, I have no internet at home, I can't safely access the forums from work, I work from before most coffee shops open to after most in my town close that have free wireless, and my laptop is so old it can't really handle large .jpeg files. Second is that I wanted everyone to know the whole process that I went through in making my decision.

I realize everybody is entitled to their opinions, I indeed relish that fact and try to promote that through my behavior...so please by all means smear my reputation, question my character, and gang up on me if you wish. I will move on, but I hope that there are enough decent members on the forum (which have been on this thread as well...and I very much appreciate your comments) that will try to stop this form of steamrolling to not let the damage run too deep. There are more than just the dozen of us reading this...and their impressions of you will be more damaging to yourself and Klipsch than you give yourself credit for.

Hey your cool with me, I think the problems one encounters through typing replies on a forum would often not exist if people would meet one another face to face . It is often hard to tell the intent one meant from a typed reply.

Alliclaytor,

I'm sorry youhave had to put up with this thread that blew way out of proportion. I don't think that anyone who had a problem with your circumstance would have passed on the same if it were them. The only unfortunate mistake that you made was the cardinal rule of sales, NEVER let a potential buyer know what you paid for the item. Albiet it was unfortunate that you first intended to keep the purchase, but then decided to sell them.

Please do not leave because of some Jerk that wants to impose his will upon you. If I didn't already own a pair of 93' HII's, I'd be interested. Sometimes we all need to check our Jealousy at the door before entering the forum.

I have to do this every day, as I desire a Khorn/Belle/Khorn front end on my HT, but can niether afford it, nor have The WAF in my favor, But, I can dream. That's kind of what this is all about for many of us.

Good luck and see ya at the pilgrimage.

Sorry if I hurt anyone's little fee-fees [:'(]. I was just trying to pass on a friendly warning. So, I'm just going to sit back, SHUT UP, and watch the FUN because it's coming!

Folks,

I think it's time to back off and not give Clay a hard time. This is why: he's a young guy and a newcomer to the forum. He's posted his situation in good faith and had no idea there was an unwritten rule that selling gear on the forum has to be priced with brother-in-law prices to avoid being fussed at about it. He's available to take offers if someone is interested. I don't perceive any cagey attitude here. If you don't like the price, don't buy them.

Give the man a break and show a little hospitality.

What clay sells them for is between him and the buyer. If the buyer is happy than who is hurt? I don't see that Clay has done anything wrong, maybe he has stepped on the forums 'unspoken' rules a bit, but no harm and no foul. He's young, new and doesn't understand the comraderie of this forum.. that takes time..... 20 years ago I purchased my 1965 vette coupe for 12000. Nowadays its worth 50,000. If I decided to sell it today to somebody on this forum do you think I'd let it go for 12000?? NOT!!!! Leave the dude alone. He apparently loves Klipsch as much as most of us. If you don't like the price, don't buy them.

Dave

Oops, my mistake. I meant to type, "the vice of raisins."

One more point to add to the vice of raisins: Clay has offered to deliver these HIII's to the Klipsch Pilgrimmage in Indy. That courtesy would offer a huge convenience and savings on shipping to the buyer. Even if the buyer was not at Indy, it would be fairly likely to be able to arrange for an attendee to pick them up for a later handoff to the buyer. ALOT later, if it were me.