Interesting / favorite album covers

pauln

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

germany

Thanks, figured it had to be an Import..........It's like the Blind Faith cover, A USA cover, then the real IMPORT cover....

I've got the same cover on a U.K. copy of Electric Ladyland. I have an early U.S copy of Blind Faith with the nude cover before they banned it here. The girl on that cover looks old compared to the girl on a Ger. copy of Scorpion's, Virgin Killer I have.

Emerson, Lake & Palmer's Tarkus is a favourite of mine, even if I don't listen to it that often. It's interesting to look at the wordless story on the inside of the gatefold while listening to the Tarkus side. For the unfamiliar, the first side is one song, in seven parts, that the album is named after.

Islander, this album is very special for me. Not only for it's imaginative use of the venerable armadillo, but I played it on the first date I had with my now wife of almost 14 years. It was an extreme test she obviously passed with flying colors.

"Clear the battlefield and let us see, all the profits of our victory."

germany

Thanks, figured it had to be an Import..........It's like the Blind Faith cover, A USA cover, then the real IMPORT cover....

I've got the same cover on a U.K. copy of Electric Ladyland. I have an early U.S copy of Blind Faith with the nude cover before they banned it here. The girl on that cover looks old compared to the girl on a Ger. copy of Scorpion's, Virgin Killer I have.

About the Scorp's cover http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/7674/virgin17jc.jpg

per the Internet (may or may not be true):

"The model was found by Seidemann at Londons subway. After an interview

with her parents the girl was not sure about modeling naked for the

picture, but her y-o-u-n-g-e-r sister told her parents she wanted to

and was finally chosen to become part of all-time pop musics

iconography. For the job, she was paid what she asked for: a young

horse."

• 2 weeks later...