So, how about them VRD's??

Coytee

This shouldn't be a negative.

The simple fact is, if the builder weren't so damn sensitive and could restrain himself long enough to respond without feeling the need to attack, he would make two statements: 1) VRD's are an extension of the original Dynaco improving it beyond its original capabilities while providing it better aesthetics and 2) the moment the power supply and driver boards were altered it was no longer a Dynaco - not to mention the transformers.

Instead the builder will say something stupid like "no one else knows what the hell they are talking about" when they are quoting his own posts.

No the builder just thinks YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT THE HELL YOUR TALKING ABOUT and I owe you absolutely no explaination. You have never been and absolutely will never be a customer of mine. I owe you nothing.

You know its hard to believe just how thick headed you are..............I have never cared for you in the 5 years we have both posted on this forum and have never been shy in saying so. I could careless what you think you know. Craig

The proof is in the pudding.

I never asked you for an explanation and you are right, I would never be a customer of yours. While some think your abuse is acceptable because you build an amp and pretend to be their friend, I don't and would not under any circumstance give you a dollar of my own money. Your behavior led me directly to learning about tube equipment and doing my own work. I don't worry about my amps breaking and I don't worry about needing your advice on repairing them.

As far as you never caring for me, it troubles me none and merely demonstrates what I would gladly tell others. I recall speaking to you on multiple occasions, I recall you sending me PM's saying to call you so you could talk $hit about other members here, I recall all the hypocrisy, pretense and disdain you demonstrate to anyone who fails to remain in the "kiss Craigs a$$" club. I also pay particular attention to watching you turn on your "friends" and therefore, frankly, am glad you never considered me one.

Hell, you should go review some of your old posts on here and on audio asylum. Its quite enlightening and provides fascinating material for those interested in the human mind.

I could careless how many people want to act like they are some kind of wonder speaker that is so much better then the true Heritage speaker line. I AM NOT buying it. IMHO total hogwash.

Interesting...

So, you can take various amplifier designs, meld the best parts of them together and (evidently) create an amp that is at least a very good amp and perhaps better than some of those who's traits you merged together, is that a fair assessment?

Yet, Klipsch & Co, who presumably has a deeper research budget than you might, who presumably has better measuring tools than you might can NOT take a design of theirs that is 60 years old and create an improvement upon it?

I'd agree that's probably hogwash lol

[;)]

Becoming painfully obvious why you started this thread......................get a life dude. Do you ever even listen to your Jub's?

Close up of the Atma-Sphere OTL amps. I tried to look up the model number but nothing like this model shows up on the Atma-Sphere site. The owner told me they were 150+ watts per channel. The system sound darn good.

I found the model of these amps wow 10 grand used!! Atma-Sphere MA-1 MkIII

This shouldn't be a negative.

The simple fact is, if the builder weren't so damn sensitive and could restrain himself long enough to respond without feeling the need to attack, he would make two statements: 1) VRD's are an extension of the original Dynaco improving it beyond its original capabilities while providing it better aesthetics and 2) the moment the power supply and driver boards were altered it was no longer a Dynaco - not to mention the transformers.

Instead the builder will say something stupid like "no one else knows what the hell they are talking about" when they are quoting his own posts.

No the builder just thinks YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT THE HELL YOUR TALKING ABOUT and I owe you absolutely no explaination. You have never been and absolutely will never be a customer of mine. I owe you nothing.

You know its hard to believe just how thick headed you are..............I have never cared for you in the 5 years we have both posted on this forum and have never been shy in saying so. I could careless what you think you know. Craig

The proof is in the pudding.

I never asked you for an explanation and you are right, I would never be a customer of yours. While some think your abuse is acceptable because you build an amp and pretend to be their friend, I don't and would not under any circumstance give you a dollar of my own money. Your behavior led me directly to learning about tube equipment and doing my own work. I don't worry about my amps breaking and I don't worry about needing your advice on repairing them.

As far as you never caring for me, it troubles me none and merely demonstrates what I would gladly tell others. I recall speaking to you on multiple occasions, I recall you sending me PM's saying to call you so you could talk $hit about other members here, I recall all the hypocrisy, pretense and disdain you demonstrate to anyone who fails to remain in the "kiss Craigs a$$" club. I also pay particular attention to watching you turn on your "friends" and therefore, frankly, am glad you never considered me one.

Hell, you should go review some of your old posts on here and on audio asylum. Its quite enlightening and provides fascinating material for those interested in the human mind.

Well at least we agree on one thing neither of us want to do business with each other and neither of us care for one another. So why don't you stay the hell out of my business and we can both just get along just fine ignoring each other. By the way my friends call me all kinds of none butt kissing things and get away with it all the time. You are not and have never will be my friend. I choose my friend much more carefully then that. I think your simply jealous.

Craig

I haven't lost any friends that I know of.................... you must now know who I categorize as a friend. While Dean and I may not be on the best terms these days I still consider him a friend and I hope he feels the same. I love the guy like a brother and have been just as upset with my blood brothers and sisters before and we have always worked it out. I'm sure your also referencing one other person I won't name but that person informed me that I was never his friend in the first place so it's pretty hard to lose something you never had in the first place.

Craig

I haven't lost any friends that I know of.................... you must now know who I categorize as a friend. While Dean and I may not be on the best terms these days I still consider him a friend and I hope he feels the same. I love the guy like a brother and have been just as upset with my blood brothers and sisters before and we have always worked it out. I'm sure your also referencing one other person I won't name but that person informed me that I was never his friend in the first place so it's pretty hard to lose something you never had in the first place.

Craig

Yeah - That's right you big sissy. AND I'm gonna take your girlfriend to prom.

Anarchist - Let's meet after homeroom and talk about jumping craig after school.

YEESH!! It's pretty obvious from Coyotee's last post that this thread was total BS to get a rise outta Craig, but come on fellas...this is getting sad.

Close up of the Atma-Sphere OTL amps...The owner told me they were 150+ watts per channel. The system sounded darn good...wow 10 grand used!! Atma-Sphere MA-1 MkIII

That's the problem, good OTL's seem to be wildly expensive. Did you have any particular reactions to the bass, middle range, etc.? I'd be interested in your reactions and comparisons with mine if you take a listen when you're here in October.

Craig

Anarchist - Let's meet after homeroom and talk about jumping craig after school.

YEESH!! It's pretty obvious from Coyotee's last post that this thread was total BS to get a rise outta Craig, but come on fellas...this is getting sad.

Agreed. It was pretty obvious from the first post. This is even more ridiculous than Coyote's constant recommendations for Jubs for people on a $500 budget in a 12x12 room.

By way of a disclaimer I should also say that I do not have VRDs and have not heard them. I did, however, purchase the nosvalves SET prototype for my bedroom system.

200135202-001.jpg

It sucked. (What? I thought the only thing this thread was missing was a little SET bashing!)

I have also had the pleasure of reading Craig's posts for 5 years and despite his rather unique personality (I called you "crusty" once Craig...Sorry!) would absolutely not hesitate to buy an amp from him if I was looking for something along the lines of a VRD. There is quite enough BS in this industry. Craig is the kind of guy that shoots it to you straight. Opinions may vary, but that's what I like when I'm gonna spend a big chunk of money.

I don't care enough about Craigs attacks on me to be bothered with wanting to jump him; besides, he's like 8 ft tall isn't he? I would prefer to just buy him a beer and go to the other side of the school yard.

Coytee had better quit with the quips quickly less he find himself on the Craig list with me and not permitted to buy VRD's.

"The VRD and VRD-ST are both what I prefer on my horn speakers".

Hey Craig, What is the "ST". I hope it isn't something very obvious. I was checking out your site and didn't see different options (besides the cherry finish...very nice).

jc

Anarchist - I'd bet you money that if Craig indeed wanted to or did talk sh*t about someone..... 1) the person talked about would know/expect it cuz any disdain would've been in the open 2) would have been pre-talked about in the open on the forum. This is my theory. Kinda like how I called you an a**hole on the forum and also at the Fest. :) (that said, I found you pleasant enough in person)

While Dean and I may not be on the best terms these days I still consider him a friend and I hope he feels the same. I love the guy like a brother and have been just as upset with my blood brothers and sisters before and we have always worked it out.

Craig

Like I said before, these 2 have an obvious guy-crush on each other.

Your turn Dean - Fess up. We're all friends here.

While Dean and I may not be on the best terms these days I still consider him a friend and I hope he feels the same. I love the guy like a brother and have been just as upset with my blood brothers and sisters before and we have always worked it out.

Craig

Like I said before, these 2 have an obvious guy-crush on each other.

Your turn Dean - Fess up. We're all friends here.

Meagain, give DeanG a PM and get him to send you the passaround Trends amp...

Craig

What's even funnier is the entire thing back fired on the back stabbing losers!!!!

Anarchist - I'd bet you money that if Craig indeed wanted to or did talk sh*t about someone..... 1) the person talked about would know/expect it cuz any disdain would've been in the open 2) would have been pre-talked about in the open on the forum. This is my theory. Kinda like how I called you an a**hole on the forum and also at the Fest. :) (that said, I found you pleasant enough in person)

I love it.

I know for a fact he wouldn't and I have been around here a whole lot longer than you have. In the two years you have been here, you don't know half of what has transpired on this board in the last 7 (not 5) years I have been here.

I don't worry about anyone calling me an a**hole... I consider the source and their motivation. You were alright, I guess. You turned me on to King Crimson.

...a pair for sale on the 'gon right now for a sweet price...if they're still there...don't know seller...yaddda

http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?ampstube&1188428477

Bill

I'm surprised as heck someone hasn't snatched those up! Summer is always the slowest time to sell audio gear. They happen to be VRD set #1 and could be worth millions some day LMAO!! They really do work perfectly but will require one easy modification reversal for best performance with an active preamp.

Craig