Klipsch Fest - Made the News Center!

Nice article about the devoted Klipsch fans in the News Center web site!!!!

http://www.klipsch.com/news-center/press-releases/details/klipsch-fanatics-unite.aspx

Klipsch Fanatics Unite

Audiophiles travel hundreds of miles to attend Pilgrimage hosted by leading speaker brand

INDIANAPOLIS (July 6, 2007) Much like the Grateful Dead generated a tightly-knit community of Deadheads through its concert experiences, the Klipsch speaker company has inspired its own set of dedicated cult-status followers by way of an online forum, consisting of over 25,000 active members.

For the past six years, Klipsch has honored its passionate fans by hosting an annual summer Pilgrimage. An event that allows them to meet Klipsch staff and fellow forum members, tour the companys facility, listen and comment on product demonstrations, win high-performance audio products, as well as enjoy a commemorative meal.

This years gathering, which took place at the companys headquarters in Indianapolis, Ind. on June 23, brought in 80 forum members from all over the country, including one from Canada. In fact, half were return attendees from the previous year.

Forum member Mike Hurd, 29, of Nipigon, Ontario drove 998 miles to participate in the one-day event. The trip was absolutely worth it, he said. Meeting the forum fanatics face-to-face was priceless, as well as listening to wonderful new product.

According to Hurd, he first heard Klipsch when he was 16 years old and it turned him into a fan for life. Listening to those Klipschorns burned an image in my mind, one of utter disbelief of how good they sounded, he commented. As far as I am concerned, Klipsch makes performance their number one priority, regardless of product category. Their speakers consistently deliver top-notch performance for less than their closest competitors.

A visit to the klipsch.com forum will further demonstrate the devotion these folks hold for the Klipsch brand. Christy Luquet, screen name Dtels wife, of Picayune, Miss. made this post after attending this years Pilgrimage, Klipsch as always is one of the best companies in America to do business with.
Additionally, Chad Miller, screen name Mace, of West Lafayette, Ind. posted, Wow. What a great day! Many thanks to the Klipsch team Great facility, great people, great products. First class all the way around

These online ambassadors, many of which have earned industry expert reputations, are essentially trusted human yellow pages for us, said Mike Klipsch, president of Klipsch. Its because we understand their value and appreciate their devotion that we host our annual Pilgrimage.

Mr. Klipsch also said that Klipsch is one of the few manufacturers in the consumer electronics industry to offer such a broad, unregulated forum for consumers to share information, troubleshoot, and, in some cases, blow off a little steam.

We dont edit anything on the Klipsch.com forum, said Klipsch. We leave it all theregood and bad. Weve received a lot of great feedback from this free-expression experiment. And its resulted in a Klipsch community with an incredibly high level of genuine customer intimacy and positive interaction. And to give you an idea of how this forum has grown, we had a little over 5,000 members in 2001, today we have over 25,000!

About Klipsch

Established in 1946, Klipscha wholly owned division of Klipsch Group, Inc.is a leading global manufacturer of high-performance loudspeakers and other audio products for the consumer and professional markets. Through proprietary horn-loaded technology, Klipsch is committed to developing loudspeakers that create the most engaging, emotional, and dynamic entertainment experiences. A family tradition, chairman and CEO Fred S. Klipsch and his wife Judy purchased the company from founder and cousin Paul W. Klipsch in 1989. Based in Indianapolis, Ind., the companys headquarters is home to one of the most advanced professional audio research facilities in the world.

Related Photos

Sarah Knight asked if they could use me in the news article, I said I did not want my name and address published so I could not be in it [:(] they wanted to talk about my 18-19 hour bus ride to and from indy

Jay,

Wasn't your bus ride home "R" rated? (Something about a transvestite?)

Maybe she decided it was too "racy" for this forum. [;)]

Sarah Knight asked if they could use me in the news article, I said I did not want my name and address published so I could not be in it [:(] they wanted to talk about my 18-19 hour bus ride to and from indy

Jay,

sounds like the name of a really bad 70's hair band 'Jay and the Transvestites' [:o]

Jay,

drag queen and a nympho!!!

Nice one Tom. That would be an awesome story to see on tv. Khorns and other heritage made in the USA. I hope they go to Hope to do the story.

I've got in front of me Heresys, Cornwalls, RF-63s and an RC-64 made in the USA. In the other room are Forte II's made in the USA.

Velodyne DD-12 made in the USA.

Jay,

drag queen and a nympho!!!

Whew... I thought you were going to say that was a trip that Colter and I took to New York! [pi]