Locked threads; how?

DizRotus

How was the following thread locked? <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

DIBS! I CALL DIBS!

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/thread/936826.aspx

How is a thread locked? Other than a moderator, who can lock a thread? I have no real concern over the fact that the thread is locked or why it was locked. That horse was already beaten beyond death. But I see no obvious reason for it to have been locked and the fact that it has been locked piqued my curiosity about the locking process in general.

EDIT: 07/11 @ 09:01 EDT

"Why is the following thread locked? "

I look thru the last few post and am not surprised the thread is locked...

"I believe Amy was asked by a member on that thread to please lock it down"<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Can anyone ask Amy to lock a thread? If so, can I ask her to lock someone elses thread?

You can click on 'Report Abuse' in the lower right of anyone's post. This will flag the thread/post to someone such as Amy who will decide what to do.

A good rule of thumb on a board such as this is to accept things that have been locked/deleted/closed as taking place for a good reason which sometimes is unknown to many of us.

• Moderators

Dibs on the next locked thread. Arrrh, methinks I see one on the horizon...

Like this one?

Members can report threads, but it is up to our discretion whether or not a thread should be locked.