Ebay Sleeze lists 60th Aniv Khorns "For Sale"

It's likely a scam; several reasons (in no particular order): eBay user is "0" and signed up for eBay yesterday.... (just to sell these???); wants buyer to contact him before bidding (BIG red flag!!!)... the "grammar" in the only part of the ad that the seller obviously wrote... (indicates off-shore english as a third language...) "PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE PLACE A BID!";

and I've seen that photograph before; I just can't place it.[^o)]

So.... I sent him a nice innocent eBay message. Reads something like this: Very nice!! Very interested, but you said to contact you first before bidding.

I can't wait for the request by the scammer for my phone number, email, bank, etc. Then a nice chat with eBay security this evening.

You never know, did anyone named JCalhounnn in New York buy a pair of these? 99.99999999999% chance not........

This has been a very busy 3 weeks fore scammers of high end audio on eBay. Must be desperate.

I'm surprised it took eBay as long as it did to pull this one off the site. I think the problem was that one or more of the "bidders" were also part of the scam to get the price up as high as they could.

Gotta' love the Vann's ad...

"This time, when you whip out your Visa, you're buying a piece of history"

I think the problem was that one or more of the "bidders" were also part of the scam to get the price up as high as they could.

Just so it's known...I have a "junk" ebay account that I've used in the past to hike the price of something just so no honest bidder would buy it (hence my comment about bidding it to about 2 million) and get scammed.

That junk name is "Brutus_rulz_McIntosh" and was made to kill fake McIntosh listings. So far Brutus has appeared probably a dozen or so times and ironically, EVERY FREAKING time Brutus shows up, the listings die a day or so later.

Seems Brutus is very inept at his bidding or can easily sniff out a fake.

So, I had a bid in of $5,000, then went back in and upped my bid to $10,000. As for the first bidder, you might be right. I think however, at the time of the demise of the listing, that I was the high bidder (and I had no part of the bogus listing)

I just wanted to clarify that for the record.

[:D]

Thanks for saving me...from myself... I was in one of my weak moments with mimimal self control... salivating over the closed back.. imagining the pair pointing at me in my listening chair...Glad it was a scam.

Although a pair of 60th Anniversaries in my room would have looked beautiful.. maybe someday soon.

I beleive the same loser had a listing for TD-124 where I had a bid in but had the same message of contacting the seller first and would not accept bids.... It was pulled by ebay yesterday also.

Ki

"I would always feel so "second class" however since the Jubilees are far superior in sound."

there will be help to get you thru this.....