Penny Saver Score! (Large Pics)

garymd

Ever since you got that new kitchen you've been pretty uppity with the large pics .

Coincidence ?

Just lazy.

Scott - She was a window. She had an ad in the Penny Saver for a tube tester....$20. She has a ton of stuff, most of which is ham radio related which is why most of these tubes are pretty worthless to audio folks like us. I haven't gone through the boxes yet but there are plenty of 12AX7s, 12AT7s, 12AU7s, 6DJ8s, etc. I don't know what some of this stuff is but the 2 tube testers work. I was just going there to look at the one for $20 when she showed me all the other stuff. She was happy I took some of the other "junk" out of her house.

Grandad was an olde-tyme TV guy, and sold his GE shop case (think armoire) stacked to the gills for $800 aroud 1995.

He was asking $500, but the buyer insisted on giving him more... Don't know how much of that old TV stuff would have been applicable to audio, either.

Nice score Gary! There's loads of deals out there it's just a matter of being in the right place at the right time. I had someone give me a mess of tubes and a non working tester last year. I only got a few nice tubes out of the deal but the tester brought $75 non-working on e-bay. I would've kept the tester if it worked. Later Mark