TRANSFORMERS

kelA

Holy cow!!! This is the new reference for sound effects and BASS. I would swear there are a few spots where the bass is in the single digit range <10hz. I saw this at two different theaters, and it really makes a difference. The first theater was a Regal theater, and had Klipsch installed but did not sound near as good as the second theater I saw it in. Sorry to say, the Regal was very compressed, I think they turned down the LFE for this movie because I have never noticed this with other movies viewed at this theater. The second viewing at a different theater had hmm hmm JBL's. This was a newer theater with DD EX, and it just kicked you in the chest, very impressive. It has to have the deepest bass I have ever heard in a movie. The story is not that bad either. I found it to be very entertaining BOTH times I saw it. Granted the second time was mainly for the sound. Afterwards, I had to go by my audio dealer and demo better subs for when this is released on DVD. These is no way my current sub will do this movie justice. I highly recommend this movie, even if Sci-Fi is not your type of movie go for the sound.

• 2 months later...

I'm definitely picking this up next Monday (DVD release date). This will be the first movie I've paid full price for in I don't know how long. If they get this as right on the dvd as they did in the theater, it will be one of my favorite demos. BTW, I agree with you on the low bass-it was superb.

-damon-if you pick this up in Blu-Ray, you'll have to let us know what you think of the sound.

-David

Yep, counting down the days to the 16th. I have not gotten a better sub, but that money did go toward a new 46"LCD.[:D]

Apparently no Blu-Ray release.

Regarding the "no Blu-Ray release": Never say never. My bet is that they're just ramping up sales of the regular dvd with an upgrade via blu-ray available sometime in the near future. In any event, I'm pretty excited about this dvd.

-David

WB are fixing to come out with hybrid Blu-Ray/HD discs. Flip it over for each format. I also know that Wal-Mart looks like they'll be backing BR instead of HD. They started running ads in the store touting BR so that might be bad news for HD's future.

Well I bought the DVD yesterday ($13 @ CC) and my wife and I watched it last night. We both thought it had a great sci-fi story with very good video and audio quality. This movie has a few scenes that will be great to demo my theater with! A [Y][Y] from my wife and I.

-David

I forgot about this when I was posting earlier, but there was an effect in this movie that surprised both my wife and me. I cannot recall the scene but there was a point in the movie when I actually thought that someone was in the room with us which was totally creepy and the first time I have experienced this. I can find the scene if you like, but I'd rather see if anyone else notices it as well.

-David

I forgot about this when I was posting earlier, but there was an effect in this movie that surprised both my wife and me. I cannot recall the scene but there was a point in the movie when I actually thought that someone was in the room with us which was totally creepy and the first time I have experienced this. I can find the scene if you like, but I'd rather see if anyone else notices it as well.

-David

While watching it in the theater I thought the same thing on one particular scene, although I did not notice it on my system. I agree my sub may not be up to the task. I dont have the exact time stamp, but the scene I am referring to is towards the end when Sam is running through the old building and Megatron is chasing. I think Megatron yells, "Megatron." In the movie theater this was a very eery, and deep yell. I wonder if this is what you are referring to.

-David

While watching it in the theater I thought the same thing on one particular scene, although I did not notice it on my system. I agree my sub may not be up to the task. I dont have the exact time stamp, but the scene I am referring to is towards the end when Sam is running through the old building and Megatron is chasing. I think Megatron yells, "Megatron." In the movie theater this was a very eery, and deep yell. I wonder if this is what you are referring to.

My wife is sleeping right now or I would ask her-I'm sure that she would remember. The scene, or sound, I recall is actually that of a female voice. I remember being quite startled because we were watching the movie in our basement theater and I was shocked that my daughter could have opened the door (it sticks slightly), come down the stairs and talk to me all without me seeing her. I actually sat up and leaned forward, trying to look back towards the darkness a bit and away from the screen so as to see her. I think I even paused the movie. Then I felt like a dummy, lol. I'm sure we'll be watching it this weekend again and I'll listen for it.

-David

saw it yesterday......big disappointment

having the transformers with a million flaking parts served no value to me....most of the time these things looked like piles of metal trash rolling down the street in the same manner a gust of wind would move a pile of leaves.

they could have done more with the characters.

the 15 second view of the hot babe's belly button while opening the hood of the camaro would probally sell a few million posters in shopping malls.

the 15 second view of the hot babe's belly button while opening the hood of the camaro would probally sell a few million posters in shopping malls.

Watched it (sorta' - put it on and my son watched it over the Cornwalls, and I took a nap). But,... woke up a couple times for (1) the belly button... and (2) Tomoyasu Hotei's - Battle Without Honor or Humanity track.

It's a great kid's movie though, and all things being equal, a Klipsch based HT system will certainly do it some fine justice.