Question for Trey or Michael

6foot8

Guys,

I just bought a new KPT 884 SW and am wondering if the cabinet is strong enough to support the weight of an 80lb amp that I would like to sit on top.

Thanks,

Eric

Is this in the same room as your full Jubilee setup?

Is this in the same room as your full Jubilee setup?

Furthermore... is that your head that seems to be higher than the tweeter on the Jubes?

(yikes... guess there's no calling YOU punk!)

[:o]

As for the weight... I don't know of the cabinet of which you speak but I'd have to think if the weight will be supported by the vertical sides then you'd have few issues... I'll let others who know of the cabinet speak up.

No passives on my setup. I am really very satisfied with the sound as is. I cross the 1133 on the 402 just under 3k. That seems to control the "beaminess" I was sensing around 3-3.5k. I had tried a higher crossover points 5-6.8k but always needed to much equalization in the 3-3.5k region so I went back to the recommended crossover points. I think the HF driver sounded a little better a 5k then at 3k but the overall compromises are minimimized at 3k.

I should think so. Most of the pro gear is 9 or 11 ply, the cabinet is only 23" deep so there is a lot of strength to that top panel. If in doubt, another panel to spread the weight from to back would help.

But I'd wonder about placing any amplifier directly on a LF speaker cabinet, the vibrations could not be a good thing. Please reconsider if space allows.

Michael

Guys,

I just bought a new KPT 884 SW and am wondering if the cabinet is strong enough to support the weight of an 80lb amp that I would like to sit on top.

Thanks,

Eric

Eric,

Are you using the Jubs and 884 in a HT application? If so, what are you doing for center channel?

My Jubs are on the way . . .[:D][Y]

Thanks Trey. That sub is truely amazing! I am making a grille for the front to keep my little cat out of the box. Does Klipsch offer a factory grille option I could purchase?

could probably flip it upside down (naw)

sorry, there are no grilles available for commercial products not intended for use in the audience area. Like the Jubilee bins, these usually reside behind a screen.

• 2 weeks later...

6foot8

I'm excitied you are posting again. You are the only one I'm aware of with the 3 way jub setup. Your input to the forum is needed.

I have your K69-510 tweeter with some Klipsch MWM's bass bins I hope to get setup in a new house. I don't have the 402's (yet). Do you have the 1133 XO'ed at 400Hz?

jc